MadyanC1
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 day ago
Hi, I received my EPQ grade in the summer as an A* with a mark of 47/50 (my teacher told me). If you guys have any questions on what to do I would be more than happy to help.

For context, my EPQ title was: "How does the NHS compare to healthcare systems around the world?"
CaptainDuckie
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 day ago
Ngl that title sounds like an easy quick way to bag marks, smart idea.
Last edited by CaptainDuckie; 1 day ago
MadyanC1
Rep:
?
(Original post by CaptainDuckie)
Ngl that title sounds like an easy quick way to bag marks, smart idea.
Easy titles to get marks are stuff you can waffle common sense about like, "Should capital punishment be legalised?"

My title isn't as easy because theres so many things to talk about (requiring in depth research and statistics etc), you have to be very selective and careful with what you choose to discuss and prioritise quality over quantity.
CaptainDuckie
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 day ago
(Original post by MadyanC1)
Easy titles to get marks are stuff you can waffle common sense about like, "Should capital punishment be legalised?"

My title isn't as easy because theres so many things to talk about (requiring in depth research and statistics etc), you have to be very selective and careful with what you choose to discuss and prioritise quality over quantity.

yeah but - all in all - reading that title, it sets you up for a nice cheeky finess.

If you’re contrasting coherently throughout, there’s no way you’re getting below 45/50.

it’s a lovely title ngl.
MadyanC1
Rep:
?
(Original post by CaptainDuckie)
yeah but - all in all - reading that title, it sets you up for a nice cheeky finess.

If you’re contrasting coherently throughout, there’s no way you’re getting below 45/50.

it’s a lovely title ngl.
Yep, it is a nice balance between having enough to talk about while having plenty of research available, but also not being too simplistic.
Idk131
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 9 hours ago
(Original post by MadyanC1)
Hi, I received my EPQ grade in the summer as an A* with a mark of 47/50 (my teacher told me). If you guys have any questions on what to do I would be more than happy to help.

For context, my EPQ title was: "How does the NHS compare to healthcare systems around the world?"
Hi, so I am doing my epq (currently in year 12) and I would like to do mine on the placebo effect but I am not too sure what my title should be focused on more: the effects/significance of it or its ethics and if it could be used in hospitals? I would greatly appreciate any pointers or ideas
MadyanC1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 hours ago
(Original post by Idk131)
Hi, so I am doing my epq (currently in year 12) and I would like to do mine on the placebo effect but I am not too sure what my title should be focused on more: the effects/significance of it or its ethics and if it could be used in hospitals? I would greatly appreciate any pointers or ideas
Ultimately, it's something you can discuss in your EPQ after researching further. It is good to have a broad initial title and show evidence of streamlining your research into the final title, that's why they ask for both in your production log.

It's up to you to research the topics and find the one with enough research available and enough to talk about to make a high quality EPQ
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling now you've started university?

I'm loving it! (45)
13.12%
I'm enjoying it but I'm still settling in (93)
27.11%
I'm a bit unsure (60)
17.49%
I'm finding things difficult (115)
33.53%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (30)
8.75%

Watched Threads