The Student Room Group

C to A

Is it possible to go from a c to an A in a subject. Between the time of October and the alevel exams? I’m in Y13
yeah, why not
Reply 2
Original post by CaptainDuckie
yeah, why not

Idk I jus feel like I put the effort but just ain’t improving.
Original post by Anonymous
Idk I jus feel like I put the effort but just ain’t improving.

yeah, I understand.

what subjects are you taking? how do you normally revise, what do you think is going wrong?
Reply 4
yeah, I understand.

what subjects are you taking? how do you normally revise, what do you think is going wrong?

Geo, eng lit alevels. I feel like it’s exam practice and I’ve tried to persevere but I’m not sure why my grades seem to remain the same. Its so nerve wracking because if I am not making progress now this late on in the course then idk what I’m going to do. Watching everyone around improve as well makes it 10 x worse
Reply 5
Geo, eng lit alevels. I feel like it’s exam practice and I’ve tried to persevere but I’m not sure why my grades seem to remain the same. Its so nerve wracking because if I am not making progress now this late on in the course then idk what I’m going to do. Watching everyone around improve as well makes it 10 x worse

deffo, its due to exam practice for English lit.
Reply 6
Original post by NI52
deffo, its due to exam practice for English lit.

My analysis seems good when I read it but once it’s marked its really basic and this cycle doesn’t stop . I realise my errors but there still occuring

I feel like the first problem you’re having is with your mindset, everyone at A level picks things up at different pace. I think it’s hard not to compete because we are used to it from gcse but try not to. You’re in your own race really.

And you’ve identified it’s exam practice. Perhaps start? And do them timed?
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 8
I feel like the first problem you’re having is with your mindset, everyone at A level picks things up at different pace. I think it’s hard not to compete because we are used to it from gcse but try not to. You’re in your own race really.

And you’ve identified it’s exam practice. Do you do them timed?

Not yet. When I’m answering the questions I get easily distracted so I’m trying to focus on concentration but yeh. I feel like the constant discussion makes it to difficult to block everyone out.
Not yet. When I’m answering the questions I get easily distracted so I’m trying to focus on concentration but yeh. I feel like the constant discussion makes it to difficult to block everyone out.

what makes you distracted? try and limit this distraction, find a nice quite space to do it in.

when they’re talking about it - you could perhaps not tell anyone your grades if it’s making you feel bad about yourself. It’s completely fine to do this.
what makes you distracted? try and limit this distraction, find a nice quite space to do it in.

when they’re talking about it - you could perhaps not tell anyone your grades if it’s making you feel bad about yourself. It’s completely fine to do this.

I feel like I get distracted cus I be thinking about all the other work I’ve got to do.

Quick Reply

Latest