CALEH
Badges: 14
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hey! I applied for biomed and I got an offer literally a couple days after to aa really good uni! Out of curiosity, does it mean something that I got an offer so early or is it just coincidence
ecolier
Badges: 22
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by CALEH)
Hey! I applied for biomed and I got an offer literally a couple days after to aa really good uni! Out of curiosity, does it mean something that I got an offer so early or is it just coincidence
The non-medicine courses give out offers like candy.

Another reason no one should apply to a 5th, non-medicine choice.

Otherwise you would have been eligible for UCAS Extra / Clearing (and sometimes medicine goes into it), now you're not eligible unless you withdraw.
lunariumxo
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by ecolier)
The non-medicine courses give out offers like candy.

Otherwise you would have been eligible for UCAS Extra / Clearing (and sometimes medicine goes into it), now you're not eligible unless you withdraw.
wait what.. does that mean if we don't get offers and wait till results day we won't be able to apply through clearing because we put biomed as our 5th option!?!?
CALEH
Rep:
(Original post by lunariumxo)
wait what.. Does that mean if we don't get offers and wait till results day we won't be able to apply through clearing because we put biomed as our 5th option!?!?
ummmmmmm ?????
CALEH
Rep:
the non-medicine courses give out offers like candy.

Otherwise you would have been eligible for ucas extra / clearing (and sometimes medicine goes into it), now you're not eligible unless you withdraw.
omg! Tysm
ecolier
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
wait what.. does that mean if we don't get offers and wait till results day we won't be able to apply through clearing because we put biomed as our 5th option!?!?
Yes, hence me shouting from the rooftops for the last few years: don't apply for a 5th option!

If you hold a random offer you can't go through UCAS Extra / Clearing... you can always withdraw your non-medicine choice though.
lunariumxo
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Yes, hence me shouting from the rooftops for the last few years: don't apply for a 5th option!

If you hold a random offer you can't go through UCAS Extra / Clearing... you can always withdraw your non-medicine choice though.
woah the way our school just forces us to put down a 5th option ? , are you able to withdraw the non-medicine offer after results day?
ecolier
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
woah the way our school just forces us to put down a 5th option ? , are you able to withdraw the non-medicine offer after results day?
Another thing that I have been saying all the time... the schools don't care that graduate entry medicine is much harder if you did a random degree; nor do they know that medicine goes into UCAS Extra / Clearing occasionally.

They only want their students to get into a university, any course. Students going on gap years (even if it means it's easier for medicine) makes it look bad for them, so they discourage that.

And yes, you can withdraw your offer... I would advise that you do it sooner prior to results day if you wanted UCAS Extra. Never ever do a random degree for graduate entry medicine because it'll take longer, cost more and (most importantly) will be much, much more competitive. So you are not going through with that anyway,
lunariumxo
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Another thing that I have been saying all the time... the schools don't care that graduate entry medicine is much harder if you did a random degree; nor do they know that medicine goes into UCAS Extra / Clearing occasionally.

They only want their students to get into a university, any course. Students going on gap years (even if it means it's easier for medicine) makes it look bad for them, so they discourage that.

And yes, you can withdraw your offer... I would advise that you do it sooner prior to results day if you wanted UCAS Extra. Never ever do a random degree for graduate entry medicine because it'll take longer, cost more and (most importantly) will be much, much more competitive. So you are not going through with that anyway,
yes for sure i wouldn't do another degree it just would require so much more money and years , but is a gap year fine is people decide to take a year out and then reapply?
ecolier
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
yes for sure i wouldn't do another degree it just would require so much more money and years , but is a gap year fine is people decide to take a year out and then reapply?
100%. All med schools welcome a productive gap year.
Cs115
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by CALEH)
I got an offer for maths at warwick after exactly 2 days. I think they literally put my application through an automated system that checked if I met the entry requirements and gave me an offer haha
bhavik_2058
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Cs115)
I got an offer for maths at warwick after exactly 2 days. I think they literally put my application through an automated system that checked if I met the entry requirements and gave me an offer haha
damn congrats bro
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (20)
8.93%
Okay (65)
29.02%
A bit lacking (84)
37.5%
Not good at all (55)
24.55%

Watched Threads