Are you allowed to have sex with your uni lecturer

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I really fancy my uni lecturer, he's least double my age but he is so fit, is sex with a uni lecturer allowed?
hungrysalamander
Badges: 19
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
Just because you can doesn't mean you should. Imagine how awkward lectures would become.
ageshallnot
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
It's compulsory for Anonymous posters.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
he stares at me a lot and compliments me
StriderHort
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
If your uni has a reception desk you should ask there.
the bear
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
most universities do not allow their teaching staff to do that
_Kestrel_
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Some unis (E.g. UCL) outright ban any sexual relationships between students and lecturers, because they say it is an abuse of power. Other unis might not explicitly ban it but when it occurs they see it as inappropriate.
Mesopotamian.
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Your university should have a student enquiry centre - that’s the best place to ask.
ageshallnot
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
he stares at me a lot and compliments me
Presumably he's short sighted?
princessmaire80
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
I used to know someone whose sister was sleeping with her lecturer. I personally thought it was weird.
Joleee
Report 1 month ago
if you google 'university lecturer code of conduct' and then your university you will get your answer about what type of relationships are allowed between staff and students. if it's like Oxford Brookes University, for instance, then no, a university staff member cannot be both in a position of making a judgement on a student and sleep with them. if they're sleeping with them then they must be removed from the position of judgement.

https://www.brookes.ac.uk/human-reso...-of-relatives/
Zarek
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
It a potential conflict of interest and abuse of power, hopefully unis are cracking down on it
karl pilkington
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
report back on here after you have done it
justlearning1469
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
As long as you're 18+ then it's legal.
Though certain universities ban it for their reasons.

Whether or not you should is another story.

As a sidenote:
londonmyst has dated a 62 year old as a 17 year old.
That means that the 62 year old is more than three times as old as londonmyst back then.

Your case isn't as extreme as you think, at least compared to londonmyst standards, along with 'several others' she knows, if we assume she's telling the truth.
But then again her standards are still quite eccentric so take the applicability of her case to your situation with some salt.
Last edited by justlearning1469; 1 month ago
Justvisited
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by justlearning1469)
Link?

We know she has a strange background, looks like it messed with her head.

Anyone else think that in the above case the grandad and the minor were each just as pervy as the other?
black tea
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
A friend of mine slept with a teacher (not her teacher) whilst in 6th form. If that's a allowed, I don't see why it would be a problem sleeping with a lecturer. Though he may have no interest in sleeping with you, of course.
justlearning1469
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Justvisited)
Link?

We know she has a strange background, looks like it messed with her head.

Anyone else think that in the above case the grandad and the minor were each just as pervy as the other?
I mean considering that she knows 'several others' who had the same experiences...
And quite a few at her old school dating much older men at y11...

It may not be so strange after all.

There are plenty of girls who prefer supporting someone much more powerful.
bones-mccoy
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by justlearning1469)
As long as you're 18+ then it's legal.
Though certain universities ban it for their reasons.

Whether or not you should is another story.

As a sidenote:
That means that the 62 year old is more than three times as old as londonmyst back then.

Your case isn't as extreme as you think, at least compared to londonmyst standards, along with 'several others' she knows, if we assume she's telling the truth.
But then again her standards are still quite eccentric so take the applicability of her case to your situation with some salt.
Bit different though, isn't it? Whilst those age gaps are extreme, the older individual being in a position of power over the other brings a whole different dimension to the situation.
Adz2042
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I really fancy my uni lecturer, he's least double my age but he is so fit, is sex with a uni lecturer allowed?
It's allowed in some cases, not all.
I would wait till you finish your studies, then contact your lecturer about meeting up.
Trying a sexual relationship during your studies will not only be awkward for you, but risk losing the job of the lecturer.
alan55
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
no it's forbidden
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (32)
9.91%
Okay (94)
29.1%
A bit lacking (118)
36.53%
Not good at all (79)
24.46%

Watched Threads