Uni Problems - When you're not in the same seminar group as your best friend :(

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Even though me and one of the best friends I have at uni are both doing the same modules this year, I found out that she's in the only other Friday seminar group for our first module :-(

Pretty bummed, honestly. This means I only see her twice on a Monday - we're third year so only have two modules and unscheduled dissertation sessions which are obviously one-on-one. She's a very introverted person who prefers to spend time by herself rather than her friends a lot of the time so I'll only get to hang out with her outside of lectures occasionally :/

Can anyone relate? Why couldn't they have just put us together? I get it's random, but come on. I'm paying 9K for them to NOT put us in the same class? (This last paragraph is meant to be tongue-in-cheek, I'm not a Karen).
gjd800
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
I don't really know what you expect people to say. You could always just ask to move groups. I've had this happen loads in my groups and it's not usually a huge deal
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by gjd800)
I don't really know what you expect people to say. You could always just ask to move groups. I've had this happen loads in my groups and it's not usually a huge deal
Nahhh, it’s not a huge deal - this is more a post I hoped people could relate to rather than a question :P
PhoenixFortune
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Even though me and one of the best friends I have at uni are both doing the same modules this year, I found out that she's in the only other Friday seminar group for our first module :-(

Pretty bummed, honestly. This means I only see her twice on a Monday - we're third year so only have two modules and unscheduled dissertation sessions which are obviously one-on-one. She's a very introverted person who prefers to spend time by herself rather than her friends a lot of the time so I'll only get to hang out with her outside of lectures occasionally :/

Can anyone relate? Why couldn't they have just put us together? I get it's random, but come on. I'm paying 9K for them to NOT put us in the same class? (This last paragraph is meant to be tongue-in-cheek, I'm not a Karen).
I've been placed in seminar/tutorial groups where I knew no one but I just got on with it. I feel like we're passed the stage where we need to have a good friend present at all times in order to engage (like for example at school), and it might help you to get to know some new people.

If you want to hang out with her more, ask if you can study together, or let her know that you'd like to meet up more often outside of an academic setting.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (35)
9.86%
Okay (105)
29.58%
A bit lacking (130)
36.62%
Not good at all (85)
23.94%

Watched Threads