marxo
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi my name is Marco and I'm a first year in uni. I'm Chinese Korean just moved into London, everything's been such a culture shock living here, and I've just been feeling lonely.
mike23mike
Badges: 14
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
Marco consider joining the Chinese or Korean society at your uni to make that cultural connection
lunariumxo
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by marxo)
Hi my name is Marco and I'm a first year in uni. I'm Chinese Korean just moved into London, everything's been such a culture shock living here, and I've just been feeling lonely.
Aw hey Marco!!! welcome to London and i truly understand the city is large and the culture must be so different but maybe try join many society's and clubs so you can make friends in? also what course and what uni do you study in ?
marxo
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi I'm doing BA Film and television in UAL but yeah I think I will try to join clubs and societies. Thanks for your response.
University of Bradford
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by marxo)
Hey Marco,

I just wanted to check in and see how you were feeling?

Have you thought about joining any clubs or societies? They are a great way to meet new people, and also be around people with similar interests to you, making conversation that much easier. You could even look into becoming a student ambassador, volunteering or finding part-time jobs on campus - all fab ways of meeting new people!

Does your course have a group chat, or can you try start a conversation in your lecturers with a course mate? I know it can be a very daunting thing, but I'm sure you will find your feet soon and make some fantastic friends

I wish you all the best with your university experience!

Becky
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (37)
9.61%
Okay (112)
29.09%
A bit lacking (145)
37.66%
Not good at all (91)
23.64%

Watched Threads