How well known is ''Zyzz'' today in the Fitness world?

Watch
CorporalJin
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
If you never heard of this guy, then don't worry.

I used to live in Australia back then before his death in mid 2011, and was into fitness for a brief period of time and was a huge fan of what he has accomplished and his antiques... I think a lot of Aussies knew of this guy, or at least have heard of his name, be it for good/bad.

Fast foward 10+ years I was wondering how popular he is today in the fitness world, I know he gained populairty worldwide mostly after his death.

Im asking this question becuase this week I bought a gym membership in over 10 years here in UK, and tonight while working out I heard two dudes talking about Zyzz, I thought I was trippin at first but they definately where talking about the Legendary Zyzz.

Which got me thinking.
Those of you who are into bodybuilding/fitness does his name ring a bell? And if so, for what reason?

Would you consider him popular, or is he some kind of ''niche'' in the bodybuilding world.

I can tell you at least in Australia that he motivated thousands of teens/young adults into pursuising lifting.
Last edited by CorporalJin; 1 month ago
mason.taylor.16
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
With focus and intensity you’re gonna make it brah
CorporalJin
Rep:
(Original post by mason.taylor.16)
With focus and intensity you’re gonna make it brah
Zyzz is that you?
Honest question, where did you hear zyzz from for the first time?
Last edited by CorporalJin; 1 month ago
mason.taylor.16
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by CorporalJin)
Zyzz is that you?
Honest question, where did you hear zyzz from for the first time?
Weirdly enough, from Elliot Rodger a few years back as he also knew about him lol. I don’t really rate the memes that have gone viral about him as they’re boring now and died off after the first 2 weeks but he always taught us to be a sikkunt, not a sadkunt
CorporalJin
Rep:
Weirdly enough, from Elliot Rodger a few years back as he also knew about him lol. I don’t really rate the memes that have gone viral about him as they’re boring now and died off after the first 2 weeks but he always taught us to be a sikkunt, not a sadkunt
Ahahaha, thats a pretty unique way of finding out about him so to say.
never knew Rodgers was a fan of Zyzz, and yet still did what he did, pretty sad.

Rodgers is literally responsible for why everyone thinks the Redpill is some type of incel movement now, kinda cringe.
mason.taylor.16
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Ahahaha, thats a pretty unique way of finding out about him so to say.
never knew Rodgers was a fan of Zyzz, and yet still did what he did, pretty sad.

Rodgers is literally responsible for why everyone thinks the Redpill is some type of incel movement now, kinda cringe.
Zyzz was everything Elliot always wanted to be, they both had similarities when they were teens whether that being they played WoW, wanting girls and sitting in their dorm all day but clearly Aziz did more to reach his goal than Elliot ever did. In fact I think Elliot started posting on the Misc (big mistake lol) because of Aziz but we’ll never know for sure, one died a hero at 22, the other died a failure at 22, really shows the contrast in how you see life.
BasedShaman and Nick’s Strength and Power both uploaded videos on Zyzz around that time and brought awareness too
CorporalJin
Rep:
Zyzz was everything Elliot always wanted to be, they both had similarities when they were teens whether that being they played WoW, wanting girls and sitting in their dorm all day but clearly Aziz did more to reach his goal than Elliot ever did. In fact I think Elliot started posting on the Misc (big mistake lol) because of Aziz but we’ll never know for sure, one died a hero at 22, the other died a failure at 22, really shows the contrast in how you see life.
BasedShaman and Nick’s Strength and Power both uploaded videos on Zyzz around that time and brought awareness too
Nice to know, was kinda out of touch with the whole backstory.

I stopped following Zyzz around 2013 when I moved out from Aus, and because he died 2 years prior I felt kinda sad and just have to move on, and pretty much consumed all his media (Hidden footage to)
mason.taylor.16
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Nice to know, was kinda out of touch with the whole backstory.

I stopped following Zyzz around 2013 when I moved out from Aus, and because he died 2 years prior I felt kinda sad and just have to move on, and pretty much consumed all his media (Hidden footage to)
I personally still follow the hype because of the influence he and Chesty both have the aesthetic physiques people have but will have to agree his death had a huge impact on his fame but his time on the Misc isn’t something to forget about haha.
CorporalJin
Rep:
I personally still follow the hype because of the influence he and Chesty both have the aesthetic physiques people have but will have to agree his death had a huge impact on his fame but his time on the Misc isn’t something to forget about haha.
Not sure, but isn't his account /posts long gone after the rebrand/updates on misc over the years?

Also its a shame he developped drug problems alongside his poor testerone cycles that lead to his heart failure/death.

I don't even know what Chestbrah and the old Aesthetics crew are up to these days, Hope they are in a good place regardless.
mason.taylor.16
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Not sure, but isn't his account /posts long gone after the rebrand/updates on misc over the years?

Also its a shame he developped drug problems alongside his poor testerone cycles that lead to his heart failure/death.

I don't even know what Chestbrah and the old Aesthetics crew are up to these days, Hope they are in a good place regardless.
The whole misc itself is long gone and got privated earlier this year to prevent bots from coming on again, unfortunately but for the crew itself I’m not sure how they’re getting on, I know Chestbrah is competing trying to get his pro card and things are looking positive for him but Babo, Turk Philray and the rest I haven’t really kept up to date with tbh.
Roberts 64
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Yeah, he is well known for taking a load of substances, dying young, and becoming a bizarre hero to impressionable lads looking for a parasocial relationship.
Last edited by Roberts 64; 1 month ago
JVM2020
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
I knew guys who idolised Zyzz and would imitate his gimmicks

I was entertained by his videos
Zain_Ahmed
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
I never really liked the fact that he was idolising the use of PEDs, intentional or not.. Many teens started taking PEDs after seeing Zyzz's transformation. That being said, he had still accomplished a lot; really good transformation, entertaining videos and becoming an idol.
JVM2020
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Zain_Ahmed)
I never really liked the fact that he was idolising the use of PEDs, intentional or not.. Many teens started taking PEDs after seeing Zyzz's transformation. That being said, he had still accomplished a lot; really good transformation, entertaining videos and becoming an idol.
PEDs are dangerous

Those videos about that should be taken down
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (13)
9.35%
Okay (40)
28.78%
A bit lacking (49)
35.25%
Not good at all (37)
26.62%

Watched Threads