Wheresthecake
Badges: 5
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Is it bad to have a note on “concern” area on performance review when I was marked as outstanding for all other aspects?

The deputy head who’s also my manager did my performance review on Monday and I’m wondering if it’s okay to have a note under concerns. If says words to the effect of had a difficult start with KS4 specifically group x. Has now been implementing the policy and developing positive relationships and assessment informed seating plans in order to move forwards
Last edited by Wheresthecake; 1 month ago
ThursdaysChild22
Badges: 8
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
Quite surprised you’ve been graded outstanding given what you’ve posted about your previous observations and the behaviour management issues in your classes. If I were you, I’d be very pleased with that report.
Wheresthecake
Rep:
Maybe I’ve just put in some extra work to try and develop. Maybe I’ve tried to develop on previous feedback. Is that a strange concept?
SarcAndSpark
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Wheresthecake)
Is it bad to have a note on “concern” area on performance review when I was marked as outstanding for all other aspects?

The deputy head who’s also my manager did my performance review on Monday and I’m wondering if it’s okay to have a note under concerns. If says words to the effect of had a difficult start with KS4 specifically group x. Has now been implementing the policy and developing positive relationships and assessment informed seating plans in order to move forwards
I wouldn't be concerned about that personally. Do you feel the comment is untrue?

If it's true, or could be seen as true, you'll struggle to challenge it, I think.

(Original post by ThursdaysChild22)
Quite surprised you’ve been graded outstanding given what you’ve posted about your previous observations and the behaviour management issues in your classes. If I were you, I’d be very pleased with that report.
Hi, please could you check out the community rules here: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/help/community-rules

And be mindful of them.

I don't think the way you've phrased the start of this is really necessary.
ThursdaysChild22
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
How would you have phrased it? Cake has posted repeatedly that she struggles to behaviour manage her classes and that she has received negative feedback from her school. Now, she says that she has been graded outstanding. I find that quite surprising. I think she should be pleased with her report.
Last edited by ThursdaysChild22; 1 month ago
ThursdaysChild22
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Wheresthecake)
Maybe I’ve just put in some extra work to try and develop. Maybe I’ve tried to develop on previous feedback. Is that a strange concept?
Yes… It is. Most people cannot go from struggling to “outstanding” in the space of a week or two (schools aren’t even supposed to grade individual teachers anymore). Your rapid progress is unusual and surprising. Perhaps you have been overstating how bad your teaching is in your previous posts on this forum. If you’re an outstanding teacher who regularly feels like they’re letting their team down and cannot control their classes, your issue is clearly with your own self-confidence or self-perception and not with your teaching. The problem is that, if you are actually a decent teacher, this sort of self-criticism and self-doubt is going to burn you out. Most people would be delighted with the report you received, but you were worried enough to post about it on an internet forum. Worth thinking about.
Wheresthecake
Rep:
(Original post by SarcAndSpark)
I wouldn't be concerned about that personally. Do you feel the comment is untrue?

If it's true, or could be seen as true, you'll struggle to challenge it, I think.

Hi, please could you check out the community rules here: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/help/community-rules

And be mindful of them.

I don't think the way you've phrased the start of this is really necessary.
Hello sarcandspark I do agree I know it’s true I was just a bit worried if it would affect me overall. I think the reason that it was written was incase of any other observations, they know it’s clearly been addressed and I’m trying to progress.

also yeah I agree with you on Thursday’s comment even the ones he’s posted after that one still come across in a way to knock my confidence.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (35)
9.72%
Okay (106)
29.44%
A bit lacking (132)
36.67%
Not good at all (87)
24.17%

Watched Threads