Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi
I started working on my degree in 2020..2020 was my first year,i failed 3 pre-requisite modules and 1 compulsory module. So now i suspect that i might fail this compulsory module again.

When i check ,it seems like i wont be forbidden to progress to the 2nd year but they say we only allowed to repeat a module twice..so am scared guys.help me understand does that mean i will be compelled to withdraw or there wont be any problem but carry the module once i continue with my course? Help
Lancaster University
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hi
I started working on my degree in 2020..2020 was my first year,i failed 3 pre-requisite modules and 1 compulsory module. So now i suspect that i might fail this compulsory module again.

When i check ,it seems like i wont be forbidden to progress to the 2nd year but they say we only allowed to repeat a module twice..so am scared guys.help me understand does that mean i will be compelled to withdraw or there wont be any problem but carry the module once i continue with my course? Help
Hi,

From what you have said, this sounds like a query which is very department specific. I would recommend emailing them for advice (I'd start here https://www.lancaster.ac.uk/faculties-and-departments/, when looking for the email) on the logistics surrounding you're progressing or withdrawing question.

With regards to re-completing your compulsory module, I would advise speaking to the module convener to try and understand where you struggled in first year. From there you should be able to tackle any of your misconceptions and factor the module into your schedule.

Hope this helps you figure out your next steps.
If you have anymore questions like this, I will be happy to point you in the right direction.

Jake (Third Year Ecology and Conservation student)
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by Lancaster University)
Hi,

From what you have said, this sounds like a query which is very department specific. I would recommend emailing them for advice (I'd start here https://www.lancaster.ac.uk/faculties-and-departments/, when looking for the email) on the logistics surrounding you're progressing or withdrawing question.

With regards to re-completing your compulsory module, I would advise speaking to the module convener to try and understand where you struggled in first year. From there you should be able to tackle any of your misconceptions and factor the module into your schedule.

Hope this helps you figure out your next steps.
If you have anymore questions like this, I will be happy to point you in the right direction.

Jake (Third Year Ecology and Conservation student)
Thanks, i will surely do so.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (33)
9.82%
Okay (98)
29.17%
A bit lacking (122)
36.31%
Not good at all (83)
24.7%

Watched Threads