unknown1233
Badges: 8
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi there I cannot find a personal specification for Tesco could anyone please provide me with it . As quick as possible and a cover letter. Thank you. My assignment is due on 2 days.
JasmineAcademic
Badges: 13
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by unknown1233)
Hi there I cannot find a personal specification for Tesco could anyone please provide me with it . As quick as possible and a cover letter. Thank you. My assignment is due on 2 days.
Person specification for which job role? Cover letters aren’t specific so you should be able to find some ideas online and maybe just changed the name of the job role or company you’re writing to, to Tesco.
unknown1233
Rep:
(Original post by JasmineAcademic)
Person specification for which job role? Cover letters aren’t specific so you should be able to find some ideas online and maybe just changed the name of the job role or company you’re writing to, to Tesco.
customer assistant , could please help me with the personal specification. could you help me with the cover letter if you do not mind
JasmineAcademic
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
customer assistant , could please help me with the personal specification. could you help me with the cover letter if you do not mind
Of course! I will try and help the best I can!

I’ve just found this job advertised on the Tesco website for a customer assistant https://www.tesco-careers.com/jobdetails/674571/

I’ve had a look for a person specification for that role and I can’t seem to find one and if there was one it should be there but there isn’t. However if you go on that link it shows you what they’re looking for in terms of skills and this is a person specification. Just in case, this is which part I mean from the link:

You will need

A passion for delivering great service, greeting customers with a smile and serving them with pride

The ability to build rapport with customers, meaning they leave the store having experienced a great shopping trip

To take the initiative and make decisions that are right for our customers

Work well within a team and communicate openly with others

Build relationships with colleagues to create a team spirit, having fun and celebrating success

Be at work on time, well presented ready to be a brand ambassador

I also found this which is a similar person specification for Tesco customer assistant but from this link (https://worknearyou.net/tesco-job-descriptions/ )

You will need
You’ll be someone with great communication skills and works well in a team, while being ready to roll up your sleeves and do what’s needed to give our customers great service. We’ll be depending on you, as the face of Tesco, to Serve Britain’s Shoppers a Little Better Everyday:

Get to know your customers, greet them with a smile and serve them with pride

Take time to listen, and help out wherever you can
Make decisions that are right for our customers

Be passionate and knowledgeable about our products and services

Always be there, on time and properly presented

As for a cover letter, this is just a couple of paragraphs explaining why you think you are a good candidate for a job. As it’s for Tesco customer assistant, you need to make sure you using the skills from above, like you’re approachable and friendly. Helpful and always on time. You could say you have experience working in a shop already or you’re organised so would be good with stock and on the tills with customers.

Here’s an example I’ve found. This is how one should look and sound but it’s not for Tesco so you would have to add that in -

https://www.fish4.co.uk/article/sale...tter-template/

Here’s one for Tesco but again you could change it a little - https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=cu...CksTUKUB8tlPwM

As long as it looks like this and you’ve put the skills in needed for the job, you will be fine!
Last edited by JasmineAcademic; 1 month ago
unknown1233
Rep:
Of course! I will try and help the best I can!

I’ve just found this job advertised on the Tesco website for a customer assistant https://www.tesco-careers.com/jobdetails/674571/

I’ve had a look for a person specification for that role and I can’t seem to find one and if there was one it should be there but there isn’t. However if you go on that link it shows you what they’re looking for in terms of skills and this is a person specification. Just in case, this is which part I mean from the link:

You will need

A passion for delivering great service, greeting customers with a smile and serving them with pride

The ability to build rapport with customers, meaning they leave the store having experienced a great shopping trip

To take the initiative and make decisions that are right for our customers

Work well within a team and communicate openly with others

Build relationships with colleagues to create a team spirit, having fun and celebrating success

Be at work on time, well presented ready to be a brand ambassador

I also found this which is a similar person specification for Tesco customer assistant but from this link (https://worknearyou.net/tesco-job-descriptions/ )

You will need
You’ll be someone with great communication skills and works well in a team, while being ready to roll up your sleeves and do what’s needed to give our customers great service. We’ll be depending on you, as the face of Tesco, to Serve Britain’s Shoppers a Little Better Everyday:

Get to know your customers, greet them with a smile and serve them with pride

Take time to listen, and help out wherever you can
Make decisions that are right for our customers

Be passionate and knowledgeable about our products and services

Always be there, on time and properly presented

As for a cover letter, this is just a couple of paragraphs explaining why you think you are a good candidate for a job. As it’s for Tesco customer assistant, you need to make sure you using the skills from above, like you’re approachable and friendly. Helpful and always on time. You could say you have experience working in a shop already or you’re organised so would be good with stock and on the tills with customers.

Here’s an example I’ve found. This is how one should look and sound but it’s not for Tesco so you would have to add that in -

https://www.fish4.co.uk/article/sale...tter-template/

Here’s one for Tesco but again you could change it a little - https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=cu...CksTUKUB8tlPwM

As long as it looks like this and you’ve put the skills in needed for the job, you will be fine!
hi there can we write experience we dont have for example if we dont have any experience in sales assistant can we say that we do have it
Tracey_W
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Hi
If you using this as an example for school / college project assignment then yes you can put in it you got previous retail experience but as for a actual job then NO you can't.

I'm a t/leader & stand in supervisor with tesco...

Example for a cover letter....... Just add anything else to it.

Cover Letter for Tesco
tesco cover letter

Dear HR / Recruitment Manger,

Application for the vacancy of Sales Assistant

Please find enclosed my CV in regards to the Sales Assistant position advertised on the Tesco website.

As you can see from my enclosed CV, I have currently worked as a Sales Assistant for many years, and I really enjoy working with the general public. I have a very helpful personality and take pride in assisting customers in making purchases they will be happy with for years to come. I have excellent mathematical skills and therefore I am very good at cash handling. I have also undergone Stock Replenishment duties and Shelf Filling during busy seasonal times.

===========================================================

Customer assistant/ store colleague role example.

Customer Assistant - Part-Time - London
Hours: Flexible

Salary: Competitive from £11 per hour.

Apply by: 11/05/2021

Read more

Apply..
Customer Assistant - Part-Time - London Bond Street

Contract: Part-Time (Temporary)

Shift Pattern: Flexible

We pride ourselves on offering customers the biggest range of products around. And that's not just food, but everything from clothes and kettles to financial services.

But did you know we offer the biggest job opportunities too? With stores across the UK and Ireland, and a variety of roles, we are always looking for people who are as passionate about helping customers as we are.

Our Every Little Helps approach doesn't just apply to our customers. It's at the very heart of everything we do at work – and it's what makes us different. We believe in treating each other with respect, and everyone having the opportunity to get on. That's what makes Tesco such a great place to work

You will be responsible for
Always put the customer first and consider them in everything you do.
Get to know your customers and serve them with pride.
Help to ensure products and services are available for customers at all times.
Handle all products with care to maintain quality and ensure they reach the customer in the best condition.
Keep the shop floor and back areas clean and tidy at all times.
Using the training you receive, follow department routines and processes.
Follow all company policies and adhere to Health and Safety routines.
Whilst you will have a core role, you may be asked to support your colleagues by helping in other departments.
You will need
Able to give great, natural customer service by proactively smiling, greeting, acknowledging and helping customers.
Works hard for customers, your team and your department.
You are able to prioritise to ensure anything you do is right for our customers.
Adaptable and resilient to meet the ever changing demands of our business.
You must be able to follow instructions either verbal or written.
You are reliable and a good timekeeper.
You must be smart and tidy at all times.
What’s in it for you
We offer excellent benefits that help to make Tesco a great place to work.

After 12 months you will receive a Privilegecard, giving you 10% discount on your Tesco shopping throughout the year, both in-store and on-line.

There are also additional special offers available to colleagues throughout the year.

About us
As well as offering competitive pay, we offer some of the best benefits to our colleagues in the industry from colleague discounts* to paid holiday, share schemes* and an award-winning pension. There are also great discounts on days out, gym membership and travel and you can look forward to plenty of personal rewards too. You'll hear a lot about 'opportunities to get on', whether that means progressing to management or gaining more confidence in your role by completing our Bronze, Silver and Gold training.

*subject to the rules of the schemes.
unknown1233
Rep:
(Original post by Tracey_W)
Hi
If you using this as an example for school / college project assignment then yes you can put in it you got previous retail experience but as for a actual job then NO you can't.

I'm a t/leader & stand in supervisor with tesco...

Example for a cover letter....... Just add anything else to it.

Cover Letter for Tesco
tesco cover letter

Dear HR / Recruitment Manger,

Application for the vacancy of Sales Assistant

Please find enclosed my CV in regards to the Sales Assistant position advertised on the Tesco website.

As you can see from my enclosed CV, I have currently worked as a Sales Assistant for many years, and I really enjoy working with the general public. I have a very helpful personality and take pride in assisting customers in making purchases they will be happy with for years to come. I have excellent mathematical skills and therefore I am very good at cash handling. I have also undergone Stock Replenishment duties and Shelf Filling during busy seasonal times.

===========================================================

Customer assistant/ store colleague role example.

Customer Assistant - Part-Time - London
Hours: Flexible

Salary: Competitive from £11 per hour.

Apply by: 11/05/2021

Read more

Apply..
Customer Assistant - Part-Time - London Bond Street

Contract: Part-Time (Temporary)

Shift Pattern: Flexible

We pride ourselves on offering customers the biggest range of products around. And that's not just food, but everything from clothes and kettles to financial services.

But did you know we offer the biggest job opportunities too? With stores across the UK and Ireland, and a variety of roles, we are always looking for people who are as passionate about helping customers as we are.

Our Every Little Helps approach doesn't just apply to our customers. It's at the very heart of everything we do at work – and it's what makes us different. We believe in treating each other with respect, and everyone having the opportunity to get on. That's what makes Tesco such a great place to work

You will be responsible for
Always put the customer first and consider them in everything you do.
Get to know your customers and serve them with pride.
Help to ensure products and services are available for customers at all times.
Handle all products with care to maintain quality and ensure they reach the customer in the best condition.
Keep the shop floor and back areas clean and tidy at all times.
Using the training you receive, follow department routines and processes.
Follow all company policies and adhere to Health and Safety routines.
Whilst you will have a core role, you may be asked to support your colleagues by helping in other departments.
You will need
Able to give great, natural customer service by proactively smiling, greeting, acknowledging and helping customers.
Works hard for customers, your team and your department.
You are able to prioritise to ensure anything you do is right for our customers.
Adaptable and resilient to meet the ever changing demands of our business.
You must be able to follow instructions either verbal or written.
You are reliable and a good timekeeper.
You must be smart and tidy at all times.
What’s in it for you
We offer excellent benefits that help to make Tesco a great place to work.

After 12 months you will receive a Privilegecard, giving you 10% discount on your Tesco shopping throughout the year, both in-store and on-line.

There are also additional special offers available to colleagues throughout the year.

About us
As well as offering competitive pay, we offer some of the best benefits to our colleagues in the industry from colleague discounts* to paid holiday, share schemes* and an award-winning pension. There are also great discounts on days out, gym membership and travel and you can look forward to plenty of personal rewards too. You'll hear a lot about 'opportunities to get on', whether that means progressing to management or gaining more confidence in your role by completing our Bronze, Silver and Gold training.

*subject to the rules of the schemes.
hi there could you please check if this is right. can i also suggest things i could add on to this

Dear sir/madam,

I am writing to apply for the role of Customer Assistant, currently advertised on the Tesco website. Please have a look at my CV.

As you can see from my CV, I have worked as a customer assistant for about 6 months and have gained a wide range of skills. I enjoy working with customers. The skills I have gained are communication skills, as I really want to work for you and build strong relationships with the customers as well as my colleagues. I have excellent mathematics skills, so I will be good at cash handling. I have also learned to be calm in stressful situations, as I know how to deal with it. I have learned to take my time with customers and not rush the conversation, working in a team as well as being the best I can be to fulfil my role as a customer assistant.

Thank you much for taking your time and considering my application. I will be waiting for your response.
JasmineAcademic
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
hi there can we write experience we dont have for example if we dont have any experience in sales assistant can we say that we do have it
Hey!

If you haven’t done a particular job before, there is always a skill you’ve learned in life that will come in handy when doing any job and these are called transferable skills. So just because you haven’t done the job before you don’t have to say that, you could just use another example,

So rather than saying I’ve worked in retail before and I know how to check stock and arrange it. You could just say that you’ve always been organised at school or college with your work or coursework and you are good at prioritising your work. Or you’re helpful with your classmates and teachers which would be the same when working with customers and staff, there is always another way around something even though it may seem you don’t have that particular skill, you probably have!
JasmineAcademic
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
hi there could you please check if this is right. can i also suggest things i could add on to this

Dear sir/madam,

I am writing to apply for the role of Customer Assistant, currently advertised on the Tesco website. Please have a look at my CV.

As you can see from my CV, I have worked as a customer assistant for about 6 months and have gained a wide range of skills. I enjoy working with customers. The skills I have gained are communication skills, as I really want to work for you and build strong relationships with the customers as well as my colleagues. I have excellent mathematics skills, so I will be good at cash handling. I have also learned to be calm in stressful situations, as I know how to deal with it. I have learned to take my time with customers and not rush the conversation, working in a team as well as being the best I can be to fulfil my role as a customer assistant.

Thank you much for taking your time and considering my application. I will be waiting for your response.
This is sounding really good!

If I could offer you any advice, where you have said you “have learned to be calm , as you know how to deal with it”

Maybe reword that slightly to say that you enjoy working in challenging environments and your calming nature is really useful in stressful situations. Something like that…

Also the very last sentence “I will be waiting for your response”

Sometimes you don’t always get a response, so it’s nice to say:

“I look forward to hearing your response”
“I look forward to any further correspondence”
“I look forward to hearing back from you”
“I anticipate your response”

Something along those line. Other than that it’s sounds good 👍
unknown1233
Rep:
Thank you so so much for helping me out
unknown1233
Rep:
This is sounding really good!

If I could offer you any advice, where you have said you “have learned to be calm , as you know how to deal with it”

Maybe reword that slightly to say that you enjoy working in challenging environments and your calming nature is really useful in stressful situations. Something like that…

Also the very last sentence “I will be waiting for your response”

Sometimes you don’t always get a response, so it’s nice to say:

“I look forward to hearing your response”
“I look forward to any further correspondence”
“I look forward to hearing back from you”
“I anticipate your response”

Something along those line. Other than that it’s sounds good 👍
Can I use this in my assignment as I do not have experience in working as customer assistant working at Morrison
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (32)
9.73%
Okay (97)
29.48%
A bit lacking (119)
36.17%
Not good at all (81)
24.62%

Watched Threads