Evan2002
Badges: 6
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I have ended up having to go to university this year. I don't feel excited at all. I feel full of anxiety and nervous to death. It was my only option as I had to go through Clearing and I really did not want to go to uni at all. It does make it better that I am not moving away so I do have a happy and stable family life to come home to. Still, my fears won't go away and I have even ended up having second thoughts about whether my course is what I really want to do. How do I get myself out of this mess I caused? I am starting on Tuesday as I missed the first few weeks and am dreading everything, at the moment, mostly catching up on the first weeks that I missed. Also, this isn't just first time nerves which everyone experiences. I feel much much low and worse than that.
Last edited by Evan2002; 1 month ago
JasmineAcademic
Badges: 13
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Evan2002)
I have ended up having to go to university this year. I don't feel excited at all. I feel full of anxiety and nervous to death. It was my only option as I had to go through Clearing and I really did not want to go to uni at all. It does make it better that I am not moving away so I do have a happy and stable family life to come home to. Still, my fears won't go away and I have even ended up having second thoughts about whether my course is what I really want to do. How do I get myself out of this mess I caused? I am starting on Tuesday as I missed the first few weeks and am dreading everything, at the moment, mostly catching up on the first weeks that I missed. Also, this isn't just first time nerves which everyone experiences. I feel much much low and worse than that.
Hey Evan,

I’ve got to be completely honest, when reading your post, it sounds like you’ve answered your own question.

You’ve forced yourself to do something you don’t want to do, you didn’t want to go to uni and you didn’t really want to do this course by the sounds of it through clearing. Granted you’re near home so that’s something that’s making you feel slightly better but it’s clearly not over-weighing all the negatives.

Ask yourself, what would be best right now, not going to uni and waiting a year or forcing yourself to do something you don’t want too whilst getting in debt? The only person that needs to feel satisfied and happy right now is you. Don’t force yourself to do something because you feel like you’re wasting a year as you could go and get some work experience or something and actually apply to something you will feel happy doing.

We all get anxious at the start of uni but this to me sounds like you’re really don’t want to do it but you’re forcing yourself to and that’s not healthy. Listen to your mind and your heart and do what’s best for you right now!
Last edited by JasmineAcademic; 1 month ago
jack456789
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
i know how u feel bud. im in second year of this course and its ******** - boring as hell. only reason im doing it is so i dont disappoint my parents and that 'im doing something'. probably just gonna live off rent for the rest of my life. only thing i can suggest is listen to some inspirational batman music or soemthing lol.
Evan2002
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by jack456789)
i know how u feel bud. im in second year of this course and its ******** - boring as hell. only reason im doing it is so i dont disappoint my parents and that 'im doing something'. probably just gonna live off rent for the rest of my life. only thing i can suggest is listen to some inspirational batman music or soemthing lol.
That’s actually how I feel. I don’t want to disappoint my parents. It is Civil Engineering I am doing. While I do have a interest in it, my heart lies with music. And I do have dreams of wanting to get into the music industry and making it big. I know I have to ask wether I really want to be famous but as strange as this sounds Music is literally my life and it’s what makes me happy and relax and wind down after a stressful day.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you give consent for uni's to contact your parent/trusted person in a mental health crisis?

Yes - my parent/carer (106)
34.42%
Yes - a trusted person (88)
28.57%
No (81)
26.3%
I'm not sure (33)
10.71%

Watched Threads