Alisha.29
Badges: 4
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I am applying for a foundation year to then study sports therapy. For the personal statement i need to talk about the degree and also the foundation program. I am stuck on what to write for the foundation year.
any ideas on what to write about the foundation program?
grey-giraffe
Badges: 14
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
How come you need to write about the foundation year and degree course? If this is the UCAS personal statement, you just need to write about your interest in the subject, extracurriculars, and stuff like that. You can find advice/information on what to include in a personal statement here:
https://career-advice.jobs.ac.uk/cv-...nal-statement/
https://www.ucas.com/undergraduate/a...onal-statement
Alisha.29
Rep:
I'm applying directly to the university and one of the conditions of my acceptance is to write a personal statement detailing my interest in the foundation programme and the undergraduate degree I want to progress to
grey-giraffe
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Ah okay, my apologies. Do you have any information about the foundation year, what you'll be studying etc? If you know some general information about what will happen in that year, it might make it easier to write about it.
Alisha.29
Rep:
(Original post by grey-giraffe)
Ah okay, my apologies. Do you have any information about the foundation year, what you'll be studying etc? If you know some general information about what will happen in that year, it might make it easier to write about it.
No worries thanks for replying 👍
Umm so there's statistics, English and a science module
I thought maybe something about it exposing me to uni life plus giving me the skills I need for my degree (obviously worded better than that)
tortilaa
Badges: 5
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Alisha.29)
I am applying for a foundation year to then study sports therapy. For the personal statement i need to talk about the degree and also the foundation program. I am stuck on what to write for the foundation year.
any ideas on what to write about the foundation program?
Hi! I am also a prospective foundation students. I got offers from several foundations, such as Warwick, that needed a personal statement. So in my case, I was talking about what specific topic that intrigued me, for example corruption, to study further the topic at uni. Don’t forget to mention the evidences, maybe from extra reading or lectures. Maybe relevant experience too. The thing that differentiate PS for bachelor and foundation is that you can be more specific about the uni and how the foundation could help you progress and supplement your study, maybe some modules or courses. You can talk about ur bachelor’s too tho and then linked it to your foundation programme.
That is probably the longest reply I have ever posted, well good luck!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you give consent for uni's to contact your parent/trusted person in a mental health crisis?

Yes - my parent/carer (105)
34.43%
Yes - a trusted person (88)
28.85%
No (79)
25.9%
I'm not sure (33)
10.82%

Watched Threads