Heathrow terminal 5 opening day baggage incident

Watch this thread
ItalianGuy1897
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
I'm doing a peice of homework where there was a software glitch at Heathrow T5 in 2008 which meant lots of people had to wait ages for their bags and flights were cancelled. I need to know what the ethical issues were but I've looked all on the Internet, read news articles, journals and watched videos about the incident but cannot find anything about Ethical issues.

Does anyone know what the ethical issues are surrounding this incident?

Thank you.
just_a_teen_
Badges: 16
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by ItalianGuy1897)
I'm doing a peice of homework where there was a software glitch at Heathrow T5 in 2008 which meant lots of people had to wait ages for their bags and flights were cancelled. I need to know what the ethical issues were but I've looked all on the Internet, read news articles, journals and watched videos about the incident but cannot find anything about Ethical issues.

Does anyone know what the ethical issues are surrounding this incident?

Thank you.
ethical issues on the people who had their flights cancelled or ethical issues concerning the use of the software?
ItalianGuy1897
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
(Original post by just_a_teen_)
ethical issues on the people who had their flights cancelled or ethical issues concerning the use of the software?
Both.
Zarek
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 6 months ago
This is going back a bit. If memory serves it was a bit of a lash up because of failure to test properly and trying to avoid delays to go-live. Perhaps try the line that setting unrealistic expectations and failure to acknowledge problems led to severe difficulties for customers. I imagine quite a lot of people suffered considerable angst and some actual loss. I wonder was contrition shown and fair compensation made, also an ethical issue. Strange question though
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Y13's - If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (25)
18.94%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something else changes (e.g. exams/pandemic related concerns) (15)
11.36%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (10)
7.58%
I still have more questions before I make my decision (22)
16.67%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (34)
25.76%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (26)
19.7%

Watched Threads