Any questions about imperial college London

Watch this thread
lostapplicant
Badges: 11
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
Hello,

Personally I have received a lot of help from you guys on tsr, so I think I may be able to help w any questions too about imperial college London or if u are applying for a chemistry degree this year. Feel free to ask me questions or just pop in to chat! XD
kpopfangirl
Badges: 10
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by lostapplicant)
Hello,

Personally I have received a lot of help from you guys on tsr, so I think I may be able to help w any questions too about imperial college London or if u are applying for a chemistry degree this year. Feel free to ask me questions or just pop in to chat! XD
Okay I have a few...how's social life vs school life?
Is it really workload heavy?
Costs and living in London ( even though I live in london I'm thinking of staying here but moving out to live in halls)
Sinnoh
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 8 months ago
From what I understand you're a recent graduate of chem?

Ok, favourite food place on campus?
lostapplicant
Rep:
(Original post by kpopfangirl)
Okay I have a few...how's social life vs school life?
Is it really workload heavy?
Costs and living in London ( even though I live in london I'm thinking of staying here but moving out to live in halls)
I had a chemistry degree here, and I think the workload is actually ok (a much easier life compared to my friends who went to Cambridge!) You normally have exams in January, April and June, which you need to pass. But the good thing is that u don’t have any solid hw to do or to submit usually, the only thing you need to work on is your coursework- that means doing labs and writing reports which count towards your year grades. And after covid the lectures have turned online, which means you can watch and learn in your own pace.
I have to say cost of living in London is high. The hall of imperial I lived in was £310 per week. There are slightly cheaper options on the website which you can check out, such as the Xenia and Woodward halls, but those are far from the college and you probs have to take the tube everyday. Hope it helps
lostapplicant
Rep:
(Original post by Sinnoh)
From what I understand you're a recent graduate of chem?

Ok, favourite food place on campus?
I normally cook for myself and bring food to school. But i love the katsu curry at Kimiko’s ) the H bar is good for snacks and some fish and chips if u want
Sinnoh
Rep:
Report 8 months ago
I normally cook for myself and bring food to school. But i love the katsu curry at Kimiko’s ) the H bar is good for snacks and some fish and chips if u want
naughty, undergrads aren't supposed to go to \hbar
lostapplicant
Rep:
naughty, undergrads aren't supposed to go to \hbar
😆 lol, I did my pg there too
Sinnoh
Rep:
Report 8 months ago
😆 lol, I did my pg there too
I can't criticise... I went to 2 PhD/staff-only cafés just today
lostapplicant
Rep:
I can't criticise... I went to 2 PhD/staff-only cafés just today
🤣how was the food?
Sinnoh
Rep:
Report 8 months ago
🤣how was the food?
Just went there for the coffee. I can confidently say that the Roastery in SCR has the best coffee on campus.
lostapplicant
Rep:
Just went there for the coffee. I can confidently say that the Roastery in SCR has the best coffee on campus.
Perfect, I should give up on my chem cafe coffee then
Imalittlestressy
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 2 months ago
Hey, I just got an offer from imperial, is the social life okay there? Like are there actually people who go out to clubs on a Saturday night, and is this less than other unis do you think?
Anonymous #1
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Imalittlestressy)
Hey, I just got an offer from imperial, is the social life okay there? Like are there actually people who go out to clubs on a Saturday night, and is this less than other unis do you think?
I'm in the same situation, still haven't firmed cause of social life worries lol. think I probably will tho cause at the end of the day its London so there's going to be stuff to do and friends to make outside of imperial if it comes to it
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Does school Maths prepare people well enough for the future?

Yes, it gives everyone a good foundation for any future path (48)
30.57%
Somewhat, if your future involves maths/STEM (68)
43.31%
No, it doesn't teach enough practical life skills (39)
24.84%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (2)
1.27%

Watched Threads