What was the artist/band that got you interested in music?

Watch
CletusYeetus
Badges: 11
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
For me it was primarily RHCP, and while I'm more reluctant to admit it, also Nickelback. I only heard their singles when they got played on the radio while I was growing up, but I enjoyed them enough to want to listen more through youtube, and eventually through buying digital tracks and albums.

Now after some years of exploring various musical genres, neither band impresses me anymore, though I still go back and listen occasionally just for the nostalgia.

Where did you all start, and where are you now?
RogerOxon
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by CletusYeetus)
Now after some years of exploring various musical genres, neither band impresses me anymore, though I still go back and listen occasionally just for the nostalgia.

Where did you all start, and where are you now?
I started with Quo, Maiden, Rainbow etc. I haven't moved on much ..

As you liked Nickleback, I'd recommend Halestorm, Volbeat, Whitesnake, Creed and Thunder.

I saw Nickleback live, and was unimpressed. I saw Volbeat live on Sunday - very good. Whitesnake are phenomenal live - David Coverdale is a rock god.
CletusYeetus
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I've moved a long way from Nickleback by now . Also, I greatly prefer Maiden and Rainbow to Halestorm and Creed.
Ax Sleepy
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
DBE
fellowweebhere
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Uhm I’m gonna say panic at the disco. It was the first band I ever listened to
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Started with Dana, Dermot O'Brien & the Clubmen, Liz Callaway, Mary Costa, Rama Messinger and Susan Egan.
username4591444
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Billie Holiday and Nina Simone 💕
gjd800
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
In terms of stuff on record that grabbed me as a kid, Chi-Lites, Kurtis Blow, Elvis, Bee Gees, Jim Steinman's stuff

But we're an Irish family so I grew up around music and that was part of my life even before I knew what a record was - me Granddad and his tn whistles, the aul blokes up the road wi9th fiddles and organs and keyboards, all that sort of thing.

I got into weirder metal of my own volition, but it was the family and me Ma & Da's records that did it for me in the beginning
Sabertooth
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
My older brothers listened to Oasis all the time.

I remember going in my brother's room and looking at his CDs when I was a kid. I saw the Sex Pistols album and told my bro I was going to tell my parents he had a bad word. He was big into Eminem too (apparently I didn't tell on him for that ).
huhwhatidk
Badges: 7
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Probably Queen or some other old band
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (17)
9.09%
Okay (56)
29.95%
A bit lacking (64)
34.22%
Not good at all (50)
26.74%

Watched Threads