The Student Room Group

Why does imperial not have a physics with astrophysics course?

I’m interested in the more theoretical aspects of astrophysics so I’ve shortlisted the physics with theoretical physics MPhys course at ICL, and I’m applying for astrophysics/physics with astrophysics with my other 4 choices. How is imperial for astrophysics and why isn’t it a course at undergraduate level? Is the astrophysics department small or am I reading too much into this?

Also, my personal statement will show my love for physics and math but with a focus of astrophysics and astronomy, and it will probably be mostly about that. Will that make me less likely to receive the offer from Imperial?
Reply 1
have

Original post by An ony mous
I’m interested in the more theoretical aspects of astrophysics so I’ve shortlisted the physics with theoretical physics MPhys course at ICL, and I’m applying for astrophysics/physics with astrophysics with my other 4 choices. How is imperial for astrophysics and why isn’t it a course at undergraduate level? Is the astrophysics department small or am I reading too much into this?

Also, my personal statement will show my love for physics and math but with a focus of astrophysics and astronomy, and it will probably be mostly about that. Will that make me less likely to receive the offer from Imperial?

You can take the astrophysics module in year 3. With regards to the offer, id guess it doesnt really matter if you focus on one specific part of physics, it just shows your current interests. Your predicted grades are probably more heavily weighted in the decision process. I've also applied to the physics with theoretical course, good luck getting an offer :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by Skiwi
You can take the astrophysics module in year 3. With regards to the offer, id guess it doesnt really matter if you focus on one specific part of physics, it just shows your current interests. Your predicted grades are probably more heavily weighted in the decision process. I've also applied to the physics with theoretical course, good luck getting an offer :smile:

Thanks for the info and atb to u too!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending