The Student Room Group

Dropped out of university twice will a top university still accept my application?

deleted
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 1
My honest answer is that I don't know.

It does make you look a bit flighty, and admissions tutors will be suspicious of big changes in direction and the lack of completion. You can explain the lack of completion because of your health (and they cannot hold your health against you), but you might need to work harder at showing you aren't gonna change your mind again.

The best course of action is to ace your A Level resits and just try your luck. If you get good results and can demonstrate that commitment, it could well mitigate the drastic changes in discipline
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 2
My situation is much worse but I’m still hopeful. I have plans to get a doctor’s letter explaining the severity of my illness and also writing my personal statement well so it shows my engagement with and interest in the course. Please don’t be discouraged and consider emailing universities about your situation.
I’m more concerned as to how you will gain funding for a degree if you dropped out twice.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending