Dropped out of university twice will a top university still accept my application?

Watch
harisjabbar
Badges: 1
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I went to university right after a level at 18 and studied for two years but due to health issues I had to withdraw from my course. At the time I also felt like changing my path from science and very immaturity enrolled into a course for music in a different university once I was better. Two years into this course my health issues came back but much worse and I had to move back home and spend a few years focusing on my health. In this time I relealised music was a not the best path for me. I am redoing my alevels and have been predicted a*a*a and am hoping to apply to a top university like kings college for computer science. However I have to declare my past failures and uncertainty in my career path in my ucas application. How much will this effect my application will I have to mention it my personal statement? Thank you for your help in advance
Last edited by harisjabbar; 1 month ago
gjd800
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
My honest answer is that I don't know.

It does make you look a bit flighty, and admissions tutors will be suspicious of big changes in direction and the lack of completion. You can explain the lack of completion because of your health (and they cannot hold your health against you), but you might need to work harder at showing you aren't gonna change your mind again.

The best course of action is to ace your A Level resits and just try your luck. If you get good results and can demonstrate that commitment, it could well mitigate the drastic changes in discipline
Last edited by gjd800; 1 month ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (23)
9.24%
Okay (72)
28.92%
A bit lacking (93)
37.35%
Not good at all (61)
24.5%

Watched Threads