Asking to change the course I'm applying to after UCAS submission

Watch
username53983805
Badges: 9
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
If I originally applied for an integrated masters course at a university, but now wanted to change my application so that I am instead applying for the 3-year course at the same university, would this have to be done via contacting the university themselves or through the UCAS substitution option? Also, if I had to ask the university directly do you think this would affect my chances of receiving an offer as they have noticed me change my application from the 4-year to the 3-year course?
McGinger
Badges: 17
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by username53983805)
If I originally applied for an integrated masters course at a university, but now wanted to change my application so that I am instead applying for the 3-year course at the same university
Just email the Uni.
Its quite common for applicants to do this after application and Unis really do not mind.
username53983805
Rep:
(Original post by McGinger)
Just email the Uni.
Its quite common for applicants to do this after application and Unis really do not mind.
Okay thank you
username53983805
Rep:
Just email the Uni.
Sorry, I have just one last question. When I sent in my MAT application form, it asked me to tick off the courses that I am applying for that were on the sheet and on it I ticked off that I am applying for the Masters course, so on there it shall say I am applying for the Masters course. Do you know what I should do about this?
Last edited by username53983805; 1 month ago
McGinger
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Sorry, I have just one last question. When I sent in my MAT application form, it asked me to tick off the courses that I am applying for that were on the sheet and on it I ticked off that I am applying for the Masters course, so on there it shall say I am applying for the Masters course. Do you know what I should do about this?
Talk to the Uni. I'm sure its all fixable.
username53983805
Rep:
Talk to the Uni. I'm sure its all fixable.
Okay. Do you think this may negatively affect my chances of receiving an offer?
McGinger
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Okay. Do you think this may negatively affect my chances of receiving an offer?
No - why should it?
username53983805
Rep:
No - why should it?
I'm not sure, I may just be overthinking stuff. I was concerned that they may think I don't want to study there as much as I did initially if I now only want to apply for the 3 instead of 4 year course (which is of course not true), and if it causes them hassle having to transfer me over it probably won't do me any good.

Am I overthinking it all?
Admit-One
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Am I overthinking it all?
Yes. Course swaps between 3/4 year courses, (integrated masters, placement years, study abroad etc), are very common. Unis don’t care. They’ll just tell you whether it’s possible to switch or not - it usually is.
username53983805
Rep:
(Original post by Admit-One)
Yes. Course swaps between 3/4 year courses, (integrated masters, placement years, study abroad etc), are very common. Unis don’t care. They’ll just tell you whether it’s possible to switch or not - it usually is.
okay thank you
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (16)
8.84%
Okay (55)
30.39%
A bit lacking (62)
34.25%
Not good at all (48)
26.52%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed