Nabi Bux
Badges: 0
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hello Guys. Firstly, I'm totally new to this website, though it feels good to be here.
Actually, I have received offers for a credit-exchange program in the UK, by four universities. Now, I'm confused in choosing the one that I would eventually wanna end up at, I mean all the universities seem to be really cool and study-worthy.
The four Universities are, (1) Coventry University, (2) University of Hertfordshire, (3) University of South Wales, and (9) Cardiff Metropolitan University.
All these universities seem to be really cool, but I want your advice on which one is the best and where shall I end up going to.

Ps. Few of the factors that influence my decision are as follows,
Strong degree value.
Post-Graduation work chances.
Good campus life.
Day-to-day activities, so it just doesn't get lonely and boring, as I'll be coming from halfway across the world.
And most importantly, I want a part-time job to cover my expenses easily as well, while studying, so the campus and the area around it shall provide that as well.

Note: I have a best friend at Hertfordshire University, just so you guys know while recommending me the best advice you guys have.

Personal and general experience derived advices would be really appreciated.
Thank you Guys. Cheers.
Joleee
Badges: 19
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by RoadtoSuccess)
04MR17
Hey leader would you be able to kindly move this thread to the applying to university section I did press that forum but it has moved it here instead.
Kind regards,
RoadtoSuccess
sorted :ninja:
RoadtoSuccess
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Joleee)
sorted :ninja:
Thank you appreciated
swanseajack1
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Nabi Bux)
Hello Guys. Firstly, I'm totally new to this website, though it feels good to be here.
Actually, I have received offers for a credit-exchange program in the UK, by four universities. Now, I'm confused in choosing the one that I would eventually wanna end up at, I mean all the universities seem to be really cool and study-worthy.
The four Universities are, (1) Coventry University, (2) University of Hertfordshire, (3) University of South Wales, and (9) Cardiff Metropolitan University.
All these universities seem to be really cool, but I want your advice on which one is the best and where shall I end up going to.

Strong degree value.
Good campus life.
Day-to-day activities, so it just doesn't get lonely and boring, as I'll be coming from halfway across the world.
And most importantly, I want a part-time job to cover my expenses easily as well, while studying, so the campus and the area around it shall provide that as well.

Note: I have a best friend at Hertfordshire University, just so you guys know while recommending me the best advice you guys have.

Thank you Guys. Cheers.
None off these are particularly highly ranked. Coventry is quite well known for Motor Sport and Cardiff Met is one of the best universities in the UK for Sports Science.

Cardiff is a really fantastic student city and one of the best iNn the UK for nightlife and shopping. It is close to places like London, Manchester and Bristol in terms of shopping and entertainment. Cardiff Met has a number of campuses so it depens which you will study on. Its main campus is about 2-3 miles out of the city centre but I think one is in the centre. Similarly South Wales has different campuses. Its main one is in Pontypridd about 12 miles out of Cardiff. It has a small campus in Newport and a media campus in Cardiff. Its media and film course has very good industry links. A lot of TV programs are made in Cardiff. I dont know much about the other 2. Coventry has 2 universities based there and isnt too far from Birmingham which has fantastic shopping and nightlife but I dont know much about Coventry or Hertfordshire other than it is based in a smallish town and I suspect has good links to London.
PPK3000
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
I think Coventry is better for Engineering subjects, I don't know what's the strenght of the others. Not sure what course you will be taking.

International university students in the UK usually can work part-time during their studies (up tp 20 hours a week), however as you are coming as an exchange student you would need to double check if this applies to you. It also depends on the UKVI when assessing your application. To find jobs while studying I believe the best choice is going to cities or big towns where you can find more work options. You need to be careful, having a part-time job as an international student in the UK can be helpful but it is not a guarantee that you will "cover your expenses easily".

There is a recently introduced new route where students completing a degree from UK universities can apply for a Graduate route visa, allowing them to work for a couple of years after graduation. I am not sure if you can apply for this since your university of origin is not a UK based, and you will be here whilst your exchange takes place only.
Last edited by PPK3000; 1 month ago
McGinger
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
All of them are pretty low level Unis academically - and some of them are in very unattractive towns with not much to do.

Out of all of them Cardiff Met is the clear winner.
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Nabi Bux)

Strong degree value.
Good campus life.

Thank you Guys. Cheers.
What is it that you’re planning on studying?
Coventry University Student Ambassadors
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Hi there,

I was curious as to what course you intend to pursue? I am a current student studying at Cov Uni
Please feel free to contact me with any questions you may have about student life in Coventry.

Kylie Ng, Student Ambassador
MSc International Marketing Management
Coventry University
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (20)
9.01%
Okay (65)
29.28%
A bit lacking (83)
37.39%
Not good at all (54)
24.32%

Watched Threads