Tory MP stabbed to death in Leigh-on-Sea.

Watch
Barbu
Badges: 14
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(From the BBC)

Conservative MP Sir David Amess has died after being stabbed multiple times at his constituency surgery in Essex.Police said a 25-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of murder after the attack at a church in Leigh-on-Sea.They recovered a knife and are not looking for anyone else in connection with the incident. A counter terrorism team will lead the investigation.Source:
https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-58930593

—————
StriderHort
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
Horrible crime to happen to anyone at work, whether I agree with them or not :/
caravaggio2
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Police just confirmed the guy is Somali origin.
The RAR
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by caravaggio2)
Police just confirmed the guy is Somali origin.
How much you wanna bet the guy is a refugee? I am gonna place my bet not very high as I also think the guy could just be mentally disturbed
EDIT: He is a British citizen, so I guess it's the latter
Last edited by The RAR; 1 month ago
Napp
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by The RAR)
How much you wanna bet the guy is a refugee? I am gonna place my bet not very high as I also think the guy could just be mentally disturbed
EDIT: He is a British citizen, so I guess it's the latter
It always seems to be second generation migrants as opposed to actual ones who get up to this crap. Not exclusively but enough to ask questions on why the parents seem to settle fine but their offspring turn out to be psychopaths?
Cancelled Alice
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Let’s call this, what it probably is- an Islamist terror attack.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-58935372
harrysbar
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
He has been named as Ali Harbi Ali. Police believe that he may have been motivated by Islamic extremism as he had already been referred to Prevent, which is the government counter- extremism programme.

Muslim community leaders in Southend have condemned the fatal stabbing as an “indefensible atrocity,” adding that the father-of-five was an “upstanding friend to our Muslim community”
miser
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Napp)
It always seems to be second generation migrants as opposed to actual ones who get up to this crap. Not exclusively but enough to ask questions on why the parents seem to settle fine but their offspring turn out to be psychopaths?
I think this has something to do with the lack of a plan when accepting immigrants. There might be economic reasons and short-term motivations to allow immigration, but probably not as much thought is given to 15 or 30 years later. Parents necessarily bring with them their home culture, and communities can form cultural islands with values that we might object to as being unbritish.

It's difficult to talk about this subject because to a lot of people it starts to sound like bigotry if you imply that one country's (particularly your own's) values are better than another's.

I think most of us take democracy and various cultural norms for granted. We've had them our whole lives and we don't think about how valuable and fragile some of them might be. In my opinion, more important than being tolerant, diverse, inclusive, etc., we must have security of our non-negotiable values. Right now it feels like very few things are non-negotiable, and little thought is given to protecting them. On the contrary, a lot of people see it as racist to do that.

Douglas Murray has a lot of interesting things to say on this topic. He's got some talks on YouTube (and a book but I haven't read it).
imlikeahermit
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by harrysbar)
He has been named as Ali Harbi Ali. Police believe that he may have been motivated by Islamic extremism as he had already been referred to Prevent, which is the government counter- extremism programme.

Muslim community leaders in Southend have condemned the fatal stabbing as an “indefensible atrocity,” adding that the father-of-five was an “upstanding friend to our Muslim community”
Nice to see prevent doing its job well.
JVM2020
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
I will have a look when I can.

Confident it is terror related. Somalia is a Muslim country. May the dead man rest in peace.

5 years since Jo Cox was killed and now David Amess.

There needs to be more protection for MPs.
Starship Trooper
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Napp)
Correct.

It could well be that the parents were not brought up in a culture that demonised white people to such an extent as ours does.
Starship Trooper
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by miser)
Douglas Murray has a lot of interesting things to say on this topic. He's got some talks on YouTube (and a book but I haven't read it).
His book The Strange Death of Europe is excellent and essential reading for anyone whatever their views are on understanding the immigration crisis.
Dupe Hunter
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Homophobe killed by a Muslim, would have thought they would be bedfellows.
Starship Trooper
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Dupe Hunter)
Not really.

Economic necessity almost always overrides social values- it's why even ultraconservative Muslims still vote for ultra progressive parties.

Hell, if say Japan or South Korea had a party that **** all over its own heritage and people in order to better facilitate white Christians I'd probably vote for them. No doubt my progeny would then go on to keep up the grift claiming how oppressed they are by "East Asian Supremacy..." .:p:rolleyes:

TCA2b
Last edited by Starship Trooper; 1 month ago
Gaddafi
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Most Muslims vote Labour even if they are privately disgusted by the pro LGBTQ and pro Feminist propaganda that the party spouts. Up until 5-6 year ago Labour had pulled off some very clever political menouvering, it had managed to keep the white working classes, immigrants and wokists voting for one party.

The latter two will continue to keep voting for the party despite having very opposite views in terms of social values. Immigrants tend to financially benefit with Labour.

And in fairness, the "homophobia" of the current Conservative party isn't enough of a draw with most of the party being socially Liberal.
Dupe Hunter
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Gaddafi)
Most Muslims vote Labour even if they are privately disgusted by the pro LGBTQ and pro Feminist propaganda that the party spouts. Up until 5-6 year ago Labour had pulled off some very clever political menouvering, it had managed to keep the white working classes, immigrants and wokists voting for one party.

The latter two will continue to keep voting for the party despite having very opposite views in terms of social values. Immigrants tend to financially benefit with Labour.

And in fairness, the "homophobia" of the current Conservative party isn't enough of a draw with most of the party being socially Liberal.
Interesting that you label it propaganda, very much betrays your own feelings about equality.
Gaddafi
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Interesting that you label it propaganda, very much betrays your own feelings about equality.
You're going to have expand on this as I'm genuinely unsure to what you're implying?
Dupe Hunter
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
You're going to have expand on this as I'm genuinely unsure to what you're implying?
Typically those that label something as "propaganda" are opposed to the message.
Gaddafi
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Typically those that label something as "propaganda" are opposed to the message.
I'm a strong and unapologetic opponent of feminism and new age gender theory if that is what you are implying.
Dupe Hunter
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
I'm a strong and unapologetic opponent of feminism and new age gender theory if that is what you are implying.
So I was correct in my assumption that you oppose equality, thanks for clearing that up.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (35)
10%
Okay (104)
29.71%
A bit lacking (127)
36.29%
Not good at all (84)
24%

Watched Threads