The Student Room Group

Please help! Couple of questions from foreigner before starting Physio course.

Hi there!

I am 25 years old and I would like to start Physio career (I know it'a a bit late but better now than never). I'm a foreigner and I finished my high school in Poland (kind of UK's college), therefore I've got tons of questions. If someone will have some time and share some knowledge I would be very thankful.

1) First of all I didn't have a Biology among my classes and also I didn't write final exams from Biology. Due to this reasons I figured out that I will need to do some kind of Access Course before I would be able to successfully apply for the Physio course. Can someone share some knowledge about those Access Courses? How many days/hours per week Access Course takes? Will this course be very hard for someone with not that big biological background?
If someone would share his/her experience it would be the best, but if someone would share some worth reading links I would be grateful as well.

2) I would like to know from the real students how much time consuming studying Physiotherapy is. I'm 25 years old and I will need to work and study at the same time. I've got a C driving licence so I might be able to make money for the living from lorry driving working less than 40 hrs per week.

3) How studying in the UK looks like? I've tried studying Physio in Poland but I didn't like it. We did not receive any study materials from our lecturers. All we got was theirs book recommendations(most of them was outdated as F*) and paper notes made by ourselves during the lectures. I heard from friend of mine who is studying in the UK currently (software engineering) that they've got all the materials and presentations from their lecturers. Is it the same situation at the Physio studies?

4) From my experience with studying Physio in Poland I know that there are a lots of medical terms. Do you think that a foreigner will be able to keep up with studying Physio in his foreign language (English)? I was living in the UK for 3 years in the past but that was 5 years ago and now my language skill is a little bit rusty.

5) How many hours per week do Physio course take?

6) Can someone describe how hes/her week looks like while studying Physio? Are you able to work in the same time and study?

I'm considering applying for Access Course this Jan but I'm not sure that I will be able to study while working at the same time. My second concern is my English. I don't know if I will be able to understand all the medical terms.

Ohh this became very long but I will be really grateful for all the replies.

If you have any questions about studying Physio in Poland please feel free to ask.

Best regards,
Dan.
(edited 2 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending