Bitcoin at an all time high. When we hitting $100k?

Watch
concernedLMAO
Badges: 18
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Discuss.
kyungsoo
Badges: 13
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
when i finish this bowl of pasta
hungrysalamander
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Should've bought some in May. I'm an idiot.
concernedLMAO
Rep:
(Original post by hungrysalamander)
Should've bought some in May. I'm an idiot.
In 2030 when it's $1 mil a coin:

"Should've bought some in 2021 when it was $100k. I'm an idiot."
hungrysalamander
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by concernedLMAO)
In 2030 when it's $1 mil a coin:

"Should've bought some in 2021 when it was $100k. I'm an idiot."
Haha true. I'm always scared to buy as idk how to predict the market and complain about not buying when it goes up.
Reality Check
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Discuss.
Probably a day before we hit $1
concernedLMAO
Rep:
(Original post by Reality Check)
Probably a day before we hit $1
What's your money in?

It's not as good as it was but I don't think there's much better at the moment.
Black Cat
Badges: 20
Report 1 month ago
ETH hitting $10k first
Reality Check
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
What's your money in?

It's not as good as it was but I don't think there's much better at the moment.
Land, mainly.
artful_lounger
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Based on its volatility you may as well just play the lottery. Which also pays you liquid funds as opposed to crypto which is not actually that widely accepted for buying anything of value as long term investments that you might want to channel that value into...
Last edited by artful_lounger; 1 month ago
concernedLMAO
Rep:
(Original post by Reality Check)
Land, mainly.
Never heard of anyone holding just pure land without housing on it before, I suppose at least you're not going to have to deal with idiotic tenants with normal real estate. Hope it works out well for you.
artful_lounger
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Never heard of anyone holding just pure land without housing on it before, I suppose at least you're not going to have to deal with idiotic tenants with normal real estate. Hope it works out well for you.
RC probably does mean with property on it ..alhough even without its hardly unusual. Most of the colleges at Cambridge and Oxford own a lot of land (both residential and otherwise) as part of their endowments...because it's a non-volatile long term investment (unlike crypto which implodes every other month) to grow their endowments...
concernedLMAO
Rep:
(Original post by artful_lounger)
Based on its volatility you may as well just play the lottery. Which also pays you liquid funds as opposed to crypto which is not actually that widely accepted for buying anything of value as long term investments that you might want to channel that value into...
Typical pea brain response. Assuming you're 18-30 you've won the biggest lottery there is, educate yourself on crypto and cash that ticket it.
artful_lounger
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Typical pea brain response. Assuming you're 18-30 you've won the biggest lottery there is, educate yourself on crypto and cash that ticket it
Typical crypto nonsense response :rolleyes:
Last edited by artful_lounger; 1 month ago
the bear
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
it will end in tears

:yep:
Kernel_Coder
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
If it follows the previous cycle, it could hit 100K by December before a mass sell off in February some time. The ETF news is the reason for the latest pump. I suspect there will be less selling pressure come February this time though. Last time it was lots of inexperienced investors YOLO'ing in late 2017. This time, people know what happens if you hold, and everyone who purchased BTC between 2017-2019 has seen anywhere between 3-20X gains. I don't think there will be much selling when the potential for that to repeat in 2.5 years is on the cards (halving hype always begins just before the actual halving).
concernedLMAO
Rep:
(Original post by the bear)
it will end in tears

:yep:
How many years you been saying this now?

I'm worth $700k in my early twenties. How much money have you got?
concernedLMAO
Rep:
(Original post by Kernel_Coder)
If it follows the previous cycle, it could hit 100K by December before a mass sell off in February some time. The ETF news is the reason for the latest pump. I suspect there will be less selling pressure come February this time though. Last time it was lots of inexperienced investors YOLO'ing in late 2017. This time, people know what happens if you hold, and everyone who purchased BTC between 2017-2019 has seen anywhere between 3-20X gains. I don't think there will be much selling when the potential for that to repeat in 2.5 years is on the cards (halving hype always begins just before the actual halving).
Yeah this is what I'm expecting as well. $100k by end of year and a drop shortly afterwards, but not of the magnitude we've seen previously
NonIndigenous
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Bitcoin is insanely volatile, but fundamentally works on same principles as any other currency does. Albeit, it is not regulated, hence it's volatility.

A currency's fluctuations in value broadly depend on the strength of the economy it represents. As the economy grows, the value/purchasing power of its currency does too.

So, what about the black market? All the trade that happens, either illicitly and in direct breach of laws, or just outside of the scope of those laws but not technically illegal?

I believe the rise in value of all these currencies like Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies, in some way represents the value of these 'hidden markets' and hidden economies. It's difficult to prove, because these markets aren't subject to the same monitoring and measurement by our governments.

There's a slight irony in it, that I know some fairly left-leaning people who are into bitcoin and such things, because they apparently are against our current economic systems, and generally advocate for more government control of private enterprise, whilst simultaneously buying into currencies that represent the most 'free market' type economy that has ever existed on such a scale. It doesn't sound like all their cogs are spinning the same direction.
the bear
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
How many years you been saying this now?

I'm worth $700k in my early twenties. How much money have you got?
sigh i am so jealous of your magic beans
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (20)
8.97%
Okay (65)
29.15%
A bit lacking (83)
37.22%
Not good at all (55)
24.66%

Watched Threads