✨tazmeen's world-vol 1✨(gyg)

Watch
TazmeenX
Badges: 15
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago

┌─── ・ 。゚★: *.☪ .* :☆゚. ───┐
tazmeen's world
vol.1
└─── ・ 。゚★: *.☪ .* :☆゚.───┘

prologue<3

no because i actually can't believe i'm finally doing this omg omg

i've actually really wanted to do a gyg since like year 9 and i've been waiting so patiently to start one and so here i am!!

alright lets get going

hi. my name is tazmeen. i'm 16 and i'm in year 11. i decided to make a gyg bc it seemed fun? and a great way to keep track of my progress so (depending on how this goes), i can look back at this and be like 'wow i had nothing to worry about'

a couple of warnings:
  • i'm not that bothered about spelling and punctuation for this and might jump in and out of using correct grammar and punctuation so if ur annoyed by that, then sorry this isn't the gyg for u
  • i have a tendency to use inappropriate language so yeah just a small warning hehe

let's get to the interesting part now :aetsch:

A formal introduction (with all the information about me you guys are *dying* to know)

I'm Tazmeen! I'm your average Bengali 16 year old with mental health issues ✌🏽 School has never really been the best for me. It's not the fact that I struggle academically or anything (lies, well i do...ish), it's just that I struggle to make friends and keep them. It's just everyone I become friends with either drifts or becomes super toxic. I mean...I go to a private school what did I expect?

ANYWAYS-
(end of sob story)

Here are all my subjects, predicteds and personal targets <3

Spoiler:
Show
Subjects and subject boards!!
Maths (IGCSE Edexcel)
English lang+lit (IGCSE (i think) Edexcel)
Triple science (I'm being forced to do it hhhh) (AQA)
French (AQA)
Religious Studies (AQA)
Food Nutrition and Health (AQA)
Geography (AQA)

fun fact i actually did art for the first term of year 10. i realised that i actually really liked it but i also realised that im an intense perfectionist who actually cried after giving in a piece of art that i didn't think was good enough. hence, for the sake of my own unstable mental health, i dropped it

Spoiler:
Show
predicted and targets!!

Maths p=9 t=9
this is the one subject ive consistently done well in-if i don't do well im jumping off a cliff. i have been struggling slightly in class but im going to top ups and stuff so yeah!!

English lang+lit p=9 t=7/8
i mean i'm just looking to pass these ones since ive never had a natural talent for it. i prefer language tho lol bc lit has my head going brrrrr but i just don't understand either of them? like how tf am i supposed to know how the author creates tension in the text?

Physics p=9 t=8/9
physics is just you either get it or don't. unfortunately i'm on the latter side HOWEVER i'm hoping that now we're being given all the equations I can at least get a decent grade lol and maybe if i just revise a bit harder

Chemistry p=9 t=8/9
i actually like chemistry rn. since i got a new teacher in year 10 i actually understand it!! i'm planning on taking it for alevel so im just hoping everything will go well

Biology p=9 t=8/9
SO. MUCH. CONTENT. like yes its nice bc its just content and not much concept stuff but still its super hard to memorise everything and don't even get me started on exam mark scheme lanaguage-

French p=9 t=9
I love french and everything about it. my class, my teachers, the stuff we learn. i just love languages in general. i want a 9 but i defo think my speaking will let me down. its not that i have a problem with saying stuff its just that i will defo freak out

Geography p=9 t=8/9
this is the subject i switched to after i dropped art. i don't necessarily regret it however i just do not like physical geography. it takes a while to sink in and sometimes can be conceptually challenging for me hah

Religious Studies p=9 t=8
if there was one subject i lowkey regret taking, its probably either this one or food. we had a perv for a teacher for year 10 but now we're slowly getting back on track w a new teacher. its just so hard answering the exam questions but at least sometimes you can just make it up

Food Nutrition and Health p=9 t=8/9
like i said earlier, this is one of the subjects im just like ehhhh. i took it only because computing was taken off the subject blocks suddenly. like yeah its quite sciencey so i don't really mind the sciencey part although it can be hard to revise. but the cooking part...around 3 months into the course and i found out i cannot cook to save my life so yeah thats a bit of a problem ngl

Some of my hobbies include
  • reading GOD READING I LOVE IT
  • learning languages

and thats about it (i do have more things that i love to do, like annoy my little brother, who is 11 and stuff like that but yeah didnt think i should include it):bee:

Things I wanna change

-The fact that i'm always leaving revision to the very end (yeah defo not good at this point in my school career
-Self-discipline-once this is solved, everything will fall into place inshallah
-Somehow get better at english. that anthology will be the death of me istg

A-level options

I genuinely want to cry whenever i think about this. i felt like yesterday i joined year 7 and it feels so weird seeing all these year 11s here and being like 'oh they're my age'. i feel like a year 6 trapped in a year 11s body and now i have to think about a-levels?? the fact i won't see the same people that i always do when i enter the common room?? scary scary scary. its just that we're such a small year (60) im close w everyone

anyways heres what im thinking about for a-alevels hhhhh :afraid:

-Chemistry
-Maths (quite funny bc at the start of y10 i was adamant that i wouldn't be doing it lolsies)
-French
-Sociology

I want to do law at either oxford or kcl!! thought it would be useful to let yall know the long term goal yk?

oh and did i mention i was HEAD GIRL??!?! yeah keep that one in mind

you like what you see?:bl:

then let me know if you want to be tagged in further posts (will try to do one main summary post every weekend, meaning there will be one tomorrow or sunday, with smaller, shorter updates a further once or twice a week!!)

tomorrows post will literally be intro pt.2 bc i would've remembered so many other stuff i wanted to put it lmfao but yeah i got some nice ideas for my gyg lol

bye yall <3
Last edited by TazmeenX; 1 month ago
YouAreEnough
Badges: 13
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
Omgggggg hiiiii girl ur just like me omgggg UR GRADES ARE SOOOO GOOD MASHA ALLAHHHHH I wish u the best in lifeeee 💛
TazmeenX
Rep:
(Original post by YouAreEnough)
Omgggggg hiiiii girl ur just like me omgggg UR GRADES ARE SOOOO GOOD MASHA ALLAHHHHH I wish u the best in lifeeee 💛
omg omg hihihi!! absjsghsh thank u thank u and you too!! <333
TazmeenX
Rep:
Chapter 1: exams and possibly covid??<3

i'm barely a month into school and i already want to throw myself of a cliff <3

so lets start with the most important issue of all: exams:bawling:

god okay so these ones were actually okay because they barely tested us on anything - it was only the stuff we had learnt that year however my last exam was biology but i don't think that went v well-yikes. i guess we'll see in 2 weeks time when school starts again hehe

i did, however, get some of my results back. I got a 9 in geography after finding out my teacher didnt count my marks properly (i would literally do anything to get to the next grade dont come at me). in chemistry i got 39/45 so thats 86% idk the grade boundaries tho bc my chem teacher keeps going on abt how grades arent important in the autumn assesment LIKE YES THEY ARE PLS SHUT UP AND GIVE US THE GRADE BOUNDARIES :mob:

okay now moving on to the covid situation...

my manifesting may have gone a bit too far bc now i have ended up w a positive lateral flow test and am currently awaiting pcr results

lets wind back a bit shall we?

so basically i felt a bit off, runny nose and sore throat yk the usual fluish symptoms and so my mum was like yo take a flow test and i for once decided to listen to her bc i had nothing to do

and so i took the flow test

now what i mean by manifesting and ****, basically whenever i take a lateral flow test, i always stare at the stick thing and go 'what if there will be 2 lines?' 'is that a 2nd line i see' and obviously 99% of the time there was only one line (thank god)

guess the 1% decided to come into play bc two days before i have a sleepover with my crush, the 2 lines i had always imagined finally became a reality LIKE COVID IS SUCH A PUSSYBLOCKER AND FOR WHAT!??!?! LIKE SOMETHING COULDVE HAPPENED AT THAT SLEEPOVER W THE GIRL I HAVE LIKED FOR 3 YEARS AND NOW IF I GET A POSITIVE PCR BACK NOT ONLY CAN I NOT HAVE A SLEEPOVER I CANT EVEN GO TO LONDON NEXT WEEK TO GO STAY WITH MY COUSINS (oh yeah forget to mention im a bit fruity aka pansexual:nyan:)

when i saw the lines, i literally couldn't believe it and began sobbing so hard and i tried to tell my mum (who thought i was joking bc tbf i do that a lot) but she couldnt understand me while i was literally on the verge of a panic attack oopsies <3

and yeah my dad is going off to bangladesh for two weeks which is also great i guess BUT STILL GODDAMMIT COVID!!

maybe next time ill dive into all my friendship and love life issues lolololol how does that sound?

ill give you an update when the pcr results come in!!

bye yall <3
Icosagon
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Hiiiiiiii this looks so sick I’ll be watching Congrats on those amazing results too!
COVID’s spreading through our year like crazy - don’t worry! I guess our year‘s just destined to miss lots of exciting trips and opportunities, especially in school. We’ve already missed a trip to France, another to Berlin, a geography residential and many more
TazmeenX
Rep:
(Original post by Icosagon)
Hiiiiiiii this looks so sick I’ll be watching Congrats on those amazing results too!
COVID’s spreading through our year like crazy - don’t worry! I guess our year‘s just destined to miss lots of exciting trips and opportunities, especially in school. We’ve already missed a trip to France, another to Berlin, a geography residential and many more
awh ty ty <3 tbh i think my schools just stretching it a lot yk? so im not expecting the same results but i just need them to be all above 7s lolol

yeah our school too like all of year 8 went home 2 days before half term (which tbh did nothing bc like we were already breaking up for half term) so yh schools logic was a bit off w that one. on top of that theres been like huge groups of covid cases in every year now. its also the same w trips-we've missed out on the spanish exchange in year 9 and yh the geo residential which will apparently be substituted w a day out to london so im okay on that one. we've just missed out on so much in general i kind of want a do over :/
TazmeenX
Rep:
update yall: i got the pcr results back and i came back positive <333 totally did not sob again for another hour lololol:awesome:

also had a bit of an eye-opening experience. everyone on tiktok says that student room is full of high achievers and people who say they don't know theyre good and underplay themselves just to get attention which is totally the opposite of what i thought lmfao

maybe ive been on the wrong side of student room hahahah

anyways ayyy so now im <3 isolating <3

mental health is going down the drain i can tell u that :thumbsup:
Icosagon
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by TazmeenX)
awh ty ty <3 tbh i think my schools just stretching it a lot yk? so im not expecting the same results but i just need them to be all above 7s lolol

yeah our school too like all of year 8 went home 2 days before half term (which tbh did nothing bc like we were already breaking up for half term) so yh schools logic was a bit off w that one. on top of that theres been like huge groups of covid cases in every year now. its also the same w trips-we've missed out on the spanish exchange in year 9 and yh the geo residential which will apparently be substituted w a day out to london so im okay on that one. we've just missed out on so much in general i kind of want a do over :/
PRSOM
TazmeenX
Rep:
Chapter 2: self-isolation :')

well...self isolation and having covid isnt that great yall ://

i still cannot believe that i had covid and i dont mean that in 'ive been so clean and careful' way, although i have been clean and careful, i mean it in a 'wowowow so ive actually had it?? *THE* coronavirus??' way. its been kinda lonely and detrimental on my mental health ngl.:cool:

i did muster up the courage to call the cahms place to tell them that im a bit messed up in the head pls help. (the doc told me to do so like last year) and that was after i called up the wrong place lmfao you don't understand how embarrassed i was

okay so lets get going on what ive been doing this last week oh and btw ive tested negative now yay!!:headbang:

right so not much has happened. i got covid and then my mum did and so i had to take care of her since my dad is all the way in bangladesh for work. ive been moping around doing nothing and eating oranges for the most part. (that vitamin c better do something good for my skin or im throwing a fit istg)

ive slowly been doing some work and by that i mean ive made a dent into the huge 'i need to read this list' and guess what amazing book ive started with!!!
Name:  unnamed.jpg
Views: 17
Size:  145.3 KB
idk if yall can see that but its 50 shades of grey!! i mean its going great but im trying to finish it quickly to have an excuse to watch the movie again lol. rn christian has just shown ana his 'playroom' so as you can see i have not gotten that far although its quite well written tbh
Name:  unnamed (1).jpg
Views: 16
Size:  155.2 KB
other than that i have been doing some korean! ive a pretty big languages geek. right now im learning french, korean, arabic and bengali (reading and writing). in the future i really want to learn mandarin, japanese, and perhaps german and hindi. i also want to resume spanish after dropping it last year. my back up if i dont do law is to either teach english in another country (korea or some other asian country) or do something languagey yk?

hehe last night i made some paper rings for the first time. i kinda wanna give one to my best friend who uhh is also my crush but it might seem a bit straightforward yk?:ashamed:
Name:  unnamed (2).jpg
Views: 15
Size:  85.6 KB

i have english coursework i REALLY need to hand in and i also need to draft out stuff for model UN and i really cannot be asked and its a fat problem :shot:

does anyone know how to make images smaller btw :')

and thats pretty much it for now!! thanks for reading hehe. pls lmk what u wanna hear from me and sh*t. also, lmk if u wanna be tagged!! like just say 'pls tag me' or something clear like that lol <3

hehe bye everyone :rose:
Last edited by TazmeenX; 3 weeks ago
TazmeenX
Rep:
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Chapter 3: exams aftermath and more

okay so its been a week or two since my last update BUT that isn't to say i have forgotten abt my gyg. hellll noooo

ive been super busy with exams and uhhh what happened after them and everything in between lol i can tell you now its a bit of a rollercoaster!!

assesments
okay so when i did my assesments i thought they went pretty well ngl and yeah that reflected in my grades but being that person who puts a lot of pressure on themselves + really pushy parents, some of my assessment grades were a bit meh imo. so here are the grades i have gotten back so far

Spoiler:
Show
maths=9 (thank f*ck for that this is like the one subject that i always need to do well otherwise its a sign that theres something wrong with me)

english=9 YALL DONT UNDERSTAND HOW HAPPY I FELT OMG I THOUGH I DID TERRIBLE IN MY EXAM BUT WHEN I GOT IT BACK I GOT 40/45 AND I WAS LIKE WOOWOW but tbf it was a transactional writing and i know that if i was asked to analyse something id probably get like a 6/7 but issok! we're going to take this as a massive win:dancing2:

chemistry=9 yeah this might be my only decent science grade this time round lol but ayyyy i wasnt even on the border for a 9 (80%=9 and i got 84%)

biology=unknown but i know that i did terribly compared to the rest of the class and will probably get a 7 if im lucky

physics=7 i basically cried over this and i know loads of people would be like why are u crying thats so good but uhm whats it to you? let me have a crisis in peace. i keep having to remind myself that its an A but still :/ i thought i did pretty amazing in that test

geography=9 AYYYY it was originally an 8 but then i counted up the marks and i got an extra mark which then bumped me up to a 9 heheheh kinda thinking abt taking it for a level but idk i cannot be bothered to learn all those facts and figures

food tech=yeah so i havent got a grade nor a mark back but fingers crossed its at least an 8:adore:

french=okay so i did pretty well in this exam however i also dont have a grade i only have a score so im hoping its a 9 as well but we shall see

RS=this one lowkey annoyed me so much i was ONE mark off a 9 ughhhh so i got an 8 which is so so amazing and im still super proud of myself considering the fact that i just abt got a 7 last term but still :/

well i mean writing these all out made me feel better lol anyways moving on

sixth form taster day
so on monday, we had a 6th form taster day. i had an extinestial crisis bc these days more and more people are talking abt 6th form and i just dont want everyone to leave i want us all to stay together but like that isnt going to happn and time is just going so quickly and i feel like im not enjoying myself as much as i should be bc i keep thinking about how this time next year i wont be in school uniform and ill be in sixth form and sometimes i feel like im making a wrong decision about staying at my current school and if i should think about applying for a different school but then again its only 2 years and maybe its just the fact that everyones going in and out of school for interviews and what if im not making the rught choices abt my alevels this is why i hate talking abt the future bc it makes me overthink like crazy *sigh*

yeah so that was interesting

i did my scholarship papers and the core ones went okay but my french one was like agbhsjhdgs i shouldve done maths or food for my scholarship paper lolsies anyway-

we were originally an all girls school but we're now coed but its still taking its time to roll in and there were only like 4 boys at the taster day. lol they were all so quiet and showed literally no interest in me when i talked to them which was kinda rude ngl

the subject taster sessions were also super cool and im slightly more sure abt what ill be taking

and then i went shopping for new shoes which was defo the highlight hehe

life in general
well yeah i guess everythings going okay. im getting worried abt mocks and gcses bc it literally felt like yesterday i joined in year 7 and now im doing gcses but okay-

also im feeling a little insecure about my position as head girl lmfao in our meetings, the deputies always have more to say than me and i always feel kind of outspoken lol i know its a me problem but still ://

also my crush keeps leading me on and giving me mixed signal and for what? what is the reason? is she confused? does she like me or does she not like me? and then my 2nd crush is suddenly showing me attention again which is odd but now ive kind of gotten the ick after i found out she may be involved w a group of people who are being nasty to one of my bestf and thats a big nonono but then again i need to check that out fully

(she was so hot...and for what?)

model un
genuinely the worst mistake of my life.

who let me do this

who in their right mind allowed me to partake in this one thing that is currently causing me intense stress

so we had our opening ceremony today and tomorrow is our first comittee hearing then theres one on sunday, then another two next sat and sun and just ughhh i wanna be able to enjoy my last couple normal weeks here like pls i want to cry

but yeah i guess thats it for this week now i defo need to get my head down and do some work then continue watching modern family!!

bye yall!! <3
Last edited by TazmeenX; 1 week ago
TazmeenX
Rep:
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Chapter 4: sixth form crisis :/

sooo i keep forgetting to sit down and actually write something sjdhdhjsj my commitment issues be showing even through my grow your grades sjdhdjh

FIRST OF ALL-I GOT A 9 IN FOOD FOR THE FIRST TIME SINCE YEAR 7 HOLY SHMOLY ITS A MIRACLE IM TELLING YOU

okay now we move on to the ultimate sixth form crisis

so i was so set on staying at my current school but then my mind just went brrr after seeing so many people from my class go to interviews and open evenings and so i sat down and thought about it and now guess what? i wanna kinda move school ajshskjhsgsh

yeah ik ive thought abt it for a couple of months but now ive applied to another school im acc quite interested in-kendrick. lol my brother goes to reading school which is like a 5 min walk so it would defo help my parents w the school run. also they have pretty amazing results and also i cant apply to any private sixth forms bc of busary deadlines so yeah that happened yikes and now it feels weird thinking that this time next year i could be in a totally different school :bird:

hhhh more and more teachers are finally talking about mocks and its not that its like freaking me out but at the same time i wanna get better grades and the fact that i might not get good grades scares me lol. i really just wanna up my science grades and maintain the rest.

the weekend was pretty chill if anyone was wondering lol. i FINALLY finished model UN and god so many people did a whole 360 on us, changing their views last minute and thank god we came to a resolution like holy shet i thought that someone would like veto it sjdhsjhd. other than that, it was very nice ngl:gthumb:

so uhhh rn im sitting opposite my crush while we're in hw club sjdhdsk oh and last night i fted my other crush and helped her w stuff for school (selina if u see this I WAS GOING TO TELL YOU OKAY)

sorry yall this weeks post is a bit of a mess ngl just bc i needed to get stuff down for the last week but like nothing too interesting happened so unfortunately i have nothing much else to say and i wanna get some work done hhhh i also wouldve attached pictures and all that lovely stuff but uhm its a bit difficult rn bc im in the middle of school and if any teacher was to see me w my phone in the middle of the library it would get <3confiscated<3:dancing:

mwah i love you all <3 stay safe and make sure to eat and drink enough!! you're loved and you should take care of yourself hehehehe yeah i just went softie on yall heheh

tazmeen <3
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (21)
8.61%
Okay (72)
29.51%
A bit lacking (91)
37.3%
Not good at all (60)
24.59%

Watched Threads