The Student Room Group

Transfer course - Student loan

Hey,

After 1 year on a finance degree, I have decided to transfer to a business degree at the same university. My credits will also be transferred, so will start the second year on the new degree - not start over.

I did not have a student loan in my first year, however, applied for a tuition fee loan for my second year. This was before deciding to transfer, so have applied for my old course and the status of my application at SLC says "application submitted".

I am an EU student and is eligible for tuition fee loan, however, I am afraid transferring course could impact this.

Am I still entitled a tuition fee loan? Is there anything I need to do, or something my uni need to do?

Thank you,
GS_Banker
Original post by GS_Banker
Hey,

After 1 year on a finance degree, I have decided to transfer to a business degree at the same university. My credits will also be transferred, so will start the second year on the new degree - not start over.

I did not have a student loan in my first year, however, applied for a tuition fee loan for my second year. This was before deciding to transfer, so have applied for my old course and the status of my application at SLC says "application submitted".

I am an EU student and is eligible for tuition fee loan, however, I am afraid transferring course could impact this.

Am I still entitled a tuition fee loan? Is there anything I need to do, or something my uni need to do?

Thank you,
GS_Banker

Hi there, applicants can receive funding for the length of their course plus one additional year.

If you have 1 previous year of study and your new course is 3 years long, the calculation will therefore be 3+1-1 = 3 years of funding and therefore you should be funded based on the information provided.

Thanks, Isaac
Reply 2
Original post by SFE Isaac
Hi there, applicants can receive funding for the length of their course plus one additional year.

If you have 1 previous year of study and your new course is 3 years long, the calculation will therefore be 3+1-1 = 3 years of funding and therefore you should be funded based on the information provided.

Thanks, Isaac

Thank you so much for answering on the weekend. What steps should I take next - wait for the existing application to be accepted so my uni receives funding in a timely manner (but for wrong degree), should I send in a form about having transferred course, or is the uni supposed to update SLC?

I am afraid the process will take even more time - does this matter to my uni? I am already registered on the course.

Thank you,
GS_Banker
Original post by GS_Banker
Thank you so much for answering on the weekend. What steps should I take next - wait for the existing application to be accepted so my uni receives funding in a timely manner (but for wrong degree), should I send in a form about having transferred course, or is the uni supposed to update SLC?

I am afraid the process will take even more time - does this matter to my uni? I am already registered on the course.

Thank you,
GS_Banker

As I'm unable to see your account, I advise you to call us or message us on Facebook/Twitter and then we can review this and provide a processing timescale.

Thanks, Isaac

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending