Relationship advice

Watch
Indiereed
Badges: 8
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I’m talking to this guy who I really would like to get to know better. Although I haven’t met him yet, we are planning to meet soon. Anyways, I just really wish our conversations weren’t so dry all the time. When I say something I like, he responds with “really” or “yeah.”We usually find something to talk about, but it happens almost frequently and it’s very annoying. Can someone give some advice on what to talk about to a someone you’re interested in.
Audrieee
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
be yourself as simple as it sounds.
Joleee
Badges: 19
Report 1 month ago
may i ask why you're interested in pursuing this if you've never met him and have nothing to talk about. is it possible you lack chemistry?
CaptainDuckie
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
This is probably not what you want to hear, and I apologise if this comes across as a bit insensitive

but I don’t think he is that interested in getting to know you. I would say that you should back up a bit if he’s giving you blunt replies.

Of course you could assume that he has nothing to say on the topic- and in that case you could ask if he does- but if not then it’s time to pack it up.
Dunnig Kruger
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Don't worry about the online conversations. Just meet him in real life ASAP and take things from there.

When you meet, don't worry about the conversation, aim to do fun, interesting pleasureable things together.
It's fine if the first date is just 45 minutes over a drink of beer or tea.
You can then go on an instant 2nd date or meet up later or never meet again.

In future aim to invest less time up front before meeting someone. Aim to meet as many men as you can for a first date. And from there whittle down and whittle down till you have a man that is right enough for you and vice versa.

How people are in real life and how they are online can be very different. Many people aren't good at written communication but are great face to face and vice versa.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (35)
9.83%
Okay (105)
29.49%
A bit lacking (130)
36.52%
Not good at all (86)
24.16%

Watched Threads