CSM Product and Industrial Design 2022 intake

Watch
ymin
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi there, I’m currently applying to CSM and a few other uni for Product and Industrial Design, for 2022 intake. It’d be nice to find others that are applying as well
skyeashford
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
Hey! I'm applying for CSM's Product and Industrial Design 2022 intake too However, after reading a bunch of student reviews and talking to my seniors who have been to CSM, I've heard mainly negative things about the place. This made me rather conflicted on whether to proceed with my application or not as I'm not up for 3-4 years of regret and/or mental abuse HAHAHA.

Many have complained of messy scheduling, non-existent guidance from tutors and worst of them all, blatant discrimination and elitism within the community. (Understandable as CSM is a pretty esteemed institution, but still...)

Have u heard anything about the school? I'd love to hear more perspectives on the place as I'm still quite keen on the course despite the horror stories HAHAHHA XD

Regardless, good luck and all the best for the applications! Perhaps we will be batchmates next year!! heh
Last edited by skyeashford; 1 month ago
ymin
Rep:
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by skyeashford)
Hey! I'm applying for CSM's Product and Industrial Design 2022 intake too However, after reading a bunch of student reviews and talking to my seniors who have been to CSM, I've heard mainly negative things about the place. This made me rather conflicted on whether to proceed with my application or not as I'm not up for 3-4 years of regret and/or mental abuse HAHAHA.

Many have complained of messy scheduling, non-existent guidance from tutors and worst of them all, blatant discrimination and elitism within the community. (Understandable as CSM is a pretty esteemed institution, but still...)

Have u heard anything about the school? I'd love to hear more perspectives on the place as I'm still quite keen on the course despite the horror stories HAHAHHA XD

Regardless, good luck and all the best for the applications! Perhaps we will be batchmates next year!! heh
Heyy!! Oh i see, yes ive heard about the little to no guidance issue. If a student prefers more guidance from teachers then csm isnt it 😂. A friend of a mutual friend just started this course two weeks ago in BA product and industrial design and i reached out to her yesterday. For all i know, graduating from csm could provide better career paths lol.

When are u planning to apply? I know that the portfolio submission comes pretty quick after the application. i’ll apply around mid december since im still prepping it. I’m an international student too! wbu?
skyeashford
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by ymin)
Heyy!! Oh i see, yes ive heard about the little to no guidance issue. If a student prefers more guidance from teachers then csm isnt it 😂. A friend of a mutual friend just started this course two weeks ago in BA product and industrial design and i reached out to her yesterday. For all i know, graduating from csm could provide better career paths lol.

When are u planning to apply? I know that the portfolio submission comes pretty quick after the application. i’ll apply around mid december since im still prepping it. I’m an international student too! wbu?
Hahaha yeah!! CSM's rep in the design industry will definitely open some doors down the road.

As for application, I'll probably be applying in late December as I'm still schooling right now and don't really have too much time for portfolio prep (argh!!). Hopefully, I'll be able to squeeze in some time for that soon hahaha!! Or else I may be looking at a gap year (for COVID to settle a bit more/ for lessons to go back to normal) ^^

And I'm an international student too! Wooo hahaha
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (16)
8.89%
Okay (54)
30%
A bit lacking (62)
34.44%
Not good at all (48)
26.67%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed