The Student Room Group
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website

CSM Product and Industrial Design 2022 intake

Hi there, I’m currently applying to CSM and a few other uni for Product and Industrial Design, for 2022 intake. It’d be nice to find others that are applying as well
Hey! I'm applying for CSM's Product and Industrial Design 2022 intake too :smile: However, after reading a bunch of student reviews and talking to my seniors who have been to CSM, I've heard mainly negative things about the place. This made me rather conflicted on whether to proceed with my application or not as I'm not up for 3-4 years of regret and/or mental abuse HAHAHA.

Many have complained of messy scheduling, non-existent guidance from tutors and worst of them all, blatant discrimination and elitism within the community. (Understandable as CSM is a pretty esteemed institution, but still...)

Have u heard anything about the school? I'd love to hear more perspectives on the place as I'm still quite keen on the course despite the horror stories HAHAHHA XD

Regardless, good luck and all the best for the applications! Perhaps we will be batchmates next year!! heh :smile:
(edited 2 years ago)
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by skyeashford
Hey! I'm applying for CSM's Product and Industrial Design 2022 intake too :smile: However, after reading a bunch of student reviews and talking to my seniors who have been to CSM, I've heard mainly negative things about the place. This made me rather conflicted on whether to proceed with my application or not as I'm not up for 3-4 years of regret and/or mental abuse HAHAHA.

Many have complained of messy scheduling, non-existent guidance from tutors and worst of them all, blatant discrimination and elitism within the community. (Understandable as CSM is a pretty esteemed institution, but still...)

Have u heard anything about the school? I'd love to hear more perspectives on the place as I'm still quite keen on the course despite the horror stories HAHAHHA XD

Regardless, good luck and all the best for the applications! Perhaps we will be batchmates next year!! heh :smile:

Heyy!! Oh i see, yes ive heard about the little to no guidance issue. If a student prefers more guidance from teachers then csm isnt it 😂. A friend of a mutual friend just started this course two weeks ago in BA product and industrial design and i reached out to her yesterday. For all i know, graduating from csm could provide better career paths lol.

When are u planning to apply? I know that the portfolio submission comes pretty quick after the application. i’ll apply around mid december since im still prepping it. I’m an international student too! wbu?
Original post by ymin
Heyy!! Oh i see, yes ive heard about the little to no guidance issue. If a student prefers more guidance from teachers then csm isnt it 😂. A friend of a mutual friend just started this course two weeks ago in BA product and industrial design and i reached out to her yesterday. For all i know, graduating from csm could provide better career paths lol.

When are u planning to apply? I know that the portfolio submission comes pretty quick after the application. i’ll apply around mid december since im still prepping it. I’m an international student too! wbu?

Hahaha yeah!! CSM's rep in the design industry will definitely open some doors down the road.

As for application, I'll probably be applying in late December as I'm still schooling right now and don't really have too much time for portfolio prep (argh!!). Hopefully, I'll be able to squeeze in some time for that soon hahaha!! Or else I may be looking at a gap year (for COVID to settle a bit more/ for lessons to go back to normal) ^^

And I'm an international student too! Wooo hahaha :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by skyeashford
Hahaha yeah!! CSM's rep in the design industry will definitely open some doors down the road.

As for application, I'll probably be applying in late December as I'm still schooling right now and don't really have too much time for portfolio prep (argh!!). Hopefully, I'll be able to squeeze in some time for that soon hahaha!! Or else I may be looking at a gap year (for COVID to settle a bit more/ for lessons to go back to normal) ^^

And I'm an international student too! Wooo hahaha :smile:

Hey man, hows it going? Did you apply to UAL? I just applied earlier this week and im super anxious lol.
Original post by ymin
Hey man, hows it going? Did you apply to UAL? I just applied earlier this week and im super anxious lol.

I just applied for this course a couple weeks ago, just got portfolio request, am very nervous! Good luck to us both :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by LegoSlayer
I just applied for this course a couple weeks ago, just got portfolio request, am very nervous! Good luck to us both :smile:

Hey there, me too! just submitted mine too yesterday. Good luck to you as well! What was your previous study?
Reply 7
Original post by ymin
Hi there, I’m currently applying to CSM and a few other uni for Product and Industrial Design, for 2022 intake. It’d be nice to find others that are applying as well

Heyy! nice to meet u, i've just got my offer for this course. How did things go with your application? :smile:
Hi, did any of you end up accepting your UAL offers and are now studying there? If yes, what is it like? I've got an offer to study product and industrial design and am considering accepting :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending