Nicholaspatrick
Badges: 4
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I completed first year 2019/20 and the first term of my second year 2020/21 on a degree course in Covebtry and had to withdraw from the course due to two psychotic episode in December 2020.

I returned home and was sectioned in hospital for over 4 months.

During my recovery, I found passion for music and took traineeship in music Production.

I then applied for music Production & sound engineering course in London so I can go from home , having my family support to prevent further relapse.

I was offered a degree course with foundation year, a total of 4 years.

I applied student finance and sent evidence for CPR, my consultant psychiatrist wrote a letter and I write a covering letter to explain the reason of needing further funding. I only applied for tuition loan of £6000 for the foundation year.

However, I received my entitlement letter yesterday that I am entitled to £0 tuition loans and maintenance loan.

I am confused as I didn’t get a letter explaining if my CPR is accepted or not and the reason why the foundation year funding is rejected.

My understanding of calculation is 4+1)-2=3
For normal circumstances.

Surely, my extenuating circumstances of mental health condition should be taken into consideration to grant the extra year funding plus the 3 years funding.

I need help to find out how to challenge this even though I did not receive a letter explaining the reason and how to challenge it.

I don’t have £6000 to pay my tuition loan and my family will struggle to help me with it.

I really enjoy my course now and I want to make a career out of it.

Please advise what I should do.
SFE Isaac
Badges: 10
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Nicholaspatrick)
I completed first year 2019/20 and the first term of my second year 2020/21 on a degree course in Covebtry and had to withdraw from the course due to two psychotic episode in December 2020.

I returned home and was sectioned in hospital for over 4 months.

During my recovery, I found passion for music and took traineeship in music Production.

I then applied for music Production & sound engineering course in London so I can go from home , having my family support to prevent further relapse.

I was offered a degree course with foundation year, a total of 4 years.

I applied student finance and sent evidence for CPR, my consultant psychiatrist wrote a letter and I write a covering letter to explain the reason of needing further funding. I only applied for tuition loan of £6000 for the foundation year.

However, I received my entitlement letter yesterday that I am entitled to £0 tuition loans and maintenance loan.

I am confused as I didn’t get a letter explaining if my CPR is accepted or not and the reason why the foundation year funding is rejected.

My understanding of calculation is 4+1)-2=3
For normal circumstances.

Surely, my extenuating circumstances of mental health condition should be taken into consideration to grant the extra year funding plus the 3 years funding.

I need help to find out how to challenge this even though I did not receive a letter explaining the reason and how to challenge it.

I don’t have £6000 to pay my tuition loan and my family will struggle to help me with it.

I really enjoy my course now and I want to make a career out of it.

Please advise what I should do.
Hi Nicholas, students can receive funding for the length of the course, plus one additional year, minus any previous study.

Based on the information you provided, you stated your new course is 4 years long and you have 2 years of previous study, this means your calculation should be 4+1-2 = 3 years of funding, therefore you would be required to provide valid CPR evidence to receive funding in the first year.

For CPR evidence we look for professional evidence that specifically states how your studies were affected and dates.

You can read more about this here http://ow.ly/MsMM30pjjOm
Thanks, Isaac
Nicholaspatrick
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I completed the student finance paper form and include the consultant psychiatrist letter and my covering letter by recorders delivery, but it seems my CPR is not considered and no reason is given. What do I do now?
SFE Isaac
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Nicholaspatrick)
I completed the student finance paper form and include the consultant psychiatrist letter and my covering letter by recorders delivery, but it seems my CPR is not considered and no reason is given. What do I do now?
Perhaps it didn't specifically state how your studies were affected.

If you call us or message us on Facebook/Twitter we can review your account to see why the CPR wasn't processed.

Thanks, Isaac
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (32)
9.76%
Okay (96)
29.27%
A bit lacking (119)
36.28%
Not good at all (81)
24.7%

Watched Threads