Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi! wanted some advice/insights about these two colleges as I'm a prospective student and could not decide about which to put on the UCAS form.. i know that there will be a subsequent college ranking form but i"ll have the same exact dilemma so might as well decide now

i would like an ensuite and i do not mind self catered.. was interested in john snow as from the durham website i saw you could indicate a preference on the type of flat and i was planning to put "alcohol-free" or "quiet flat".. but at the same time i was interested as south college seemed to value diversity and as an international student, i thought south may be a more inclusive or comfortable environment (correct me if im wrong, its just what i inferred from the websites and mottos..)

i do think the concept of gowned formals is cool (am a real big harry potter fan) but both colleges are supposedly gowned so

ANY ADVICE IS APPRECIATED!
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
When I looked around in the summer these colleges are next to each other and both were modern and I would struggle to pick between them. My friend applied last week as has Oxford on her UCAS and has already submitted the colleges preference so I don't think choosing a college on the UCAS is that important this year. What are you looking to study? I'm applying for biological sciences!
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
When I looked around in the summer these colleges are next to each other and both were modern and I would struggle to pick between them. My friend applied last week as has Oxford on her UCAS and has already submitted the colleges preference so I don't think choosing a college on the UCAS is that important this year. What are you looking to study? I'm applying for biological sciences!
i'll be applying for history probably which college will you choose then, or undecided too?
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
i'll be applying for history probably which college will you choose then, or undecided too?
I’m looking for self catering as I love to cook but like the idea of gowned weekly meals so probably one of Snow or South or perhaps University as it looks like Harry Potter
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (20)
9.01%
Okay (65)
29.28%
A bit lacking (83)
37.39%
Not good at all (54)
24.32%

Watched Threads