The Student Room Group

Edinburgh business school or Durham Business School?

Which is better for undergraduate accounting and finance in terms of prestige? And which is easier to get into?
I was in a similar position, some of my family work in the finance industry and said both are similar, but Durham has a higher representation in London Corporate jobs than Edinburgh. They did say it is similar tho, I primarily decided to choose Durham because it is a 3-year course whereas Edin is a 4-year course.
Original post by thomas234542
I was in a similar position, some of my family work in the finance industry and said both are similar, but Durham has a higher representation in London Corporate jobs than Edinburgh. They did say it is similar tho, I primarily decided to choose Durham because it is a 3-year course whereas Edin is a 4-year course.

Thanks for the insight. Would you happen to know which has more international prestige and which university you found easier to get into, or in other words, had a lower offer requirement?
Original post by procrastinator73
Thanks for the insight. Would you happen to know which has more international prestige and which university you found easier to get into, or in other words, had a lower offer requirement?

Edinburgh for international prestige (generally ranked top 25) however in the UK, Durham is seen as more prestigious. Tbf tho international rankings rank Manchester at 25 and LSE at 49, so not very accurate. I think if you look at their pages they both have similar requirements, imo they are similar in terms of acceptance rate etc. Essentially I believe if you can get into Durham you can get into Edinburgh, visa versa (I'm talking only abt your course).

Between these two choose whichever one you prefer for non academic reasons, like the uni itself or its vibe.
(edited 2 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending