Ferrograd
Badges: 18
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I started at uni a few weeks ago, but two weeks back I became ill. I went home, I got diagnosed with pneumonia, and have been off for about a week. I attended online lectures but missed the in person seminars. I’m really stressed about what I’ve missed. We’ve got coursework due in like four weeks and I have no idea where to even start. Everything seems totally foreign , and unlike school it’s not as if there’s a teacher to guide you through it. I’m going back Monday but I just feel really confused about what to do. It’s stressing me out.
Fruity Girl
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Ferrograd)
I started at uni a few weeks ago, but two weeks back I became ill. I went home, I got diagnosed with pneumonia, and have been off for about a week. I attended online lectures but missed the in person seminars. I’m really stressed about what I’ve missed. We’ve got coursework due in like four weeks and I have no idea where to even start. Everything seems totally foreign , and unlike school it’s not as if there’s a teacher to guide you through it. I’m going back Monday but I just feel really confused about what to do. It’s stressing me out.
Hi, Hope you are feeling much better now. Same thing happened to my son in his first year - got burst Appendix and was ill in hospital for a week following surgery and home for another. First of all make sure head of course and personal tutor (everyone is assigned one) know you have been ill and unable to study - put this in an email so you have everything in writing and date stamped. Ask for extension for your coursework deadlines - there will be a form to complete and submit but normally straightforward and personal tutor should help. Also ask for 1 to 1 time to discuss seminar stuff you've missed with the module lead for the particular subject. Good luck
gjd800
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
As above. Put in for mitigation, speak to your personal/academic/pastoral adviser, speak to the module leaders for the stuff you've missed. They will help you out if they know what has been going on, but you need to make the first move
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (37)
9.39%
Okay (115)
29.19%
A bit lacking (150)
38.07%
Not good at all (92)
23.35%

Watched Threads