The Student Room Group

Is it worth applying to AAA or A*AA courses with AAB predicted grades?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Sabaa98
I’m currently in year 13 and I would like to study economics. I’ve been predicted AAB, with an A in maths, an A in biology and a B in chemistry (I’m also doing an EPQ). Is it worth applying to unis such as Leeds, UCL or LSE that require AAA or even A*AA? I am aware that economics is an incredibly competitive subject and I don’t want to waste an application.

Thank you.

i was predicted a*aa and got rejected from warwick, got offers from bath, bristol, manchester and loughborough though. lse and ucl are definitely harder to get into than warwick, usually students gotta have a*a*a to even be considered to get an offer
Original post by jadenlee
i was predicted a*aa and got rejected from warwick, got offers from bath, bristol, manchester and loughborough though. lse and ucl are definitely harder to get into than warwick, usually students gotta have a*a*a to even be considered to get an offer

If people had to have A*A*A to be considered to get an offer, then the minimum requirements would be A*A*A. There are no hidden grade requirements, universities aren't allowed to do that. To be considered to get an offer, you should be predicted A*AA minimum.
Original post by econhelp525
If people had to have A*A*A to be considered to get an offer, then the minimum requirements would be A*A*A. There are no hidden grade requirements, universities aren't allowed to do that. To be considered to get an offer, you should be predicted A*AA minimum.

maybe i worded that wrong. the requirements may be a*aa but there are so many people applying with a*a*a that people with a*aa will have less of a chance of getting an offer. not saying it’s impossible though, personal statements are important

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending