Cuworldax
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hello

I sent off my UCAS as an early applicant but I am worried that the application is incomplete.
I had to make some amendments on my hub so I had my UCAS sent back to me by my provider. After making all the changes I sent it back to the school and they sent it off to my universities.
Now the problem is I’ve seen on the UCAS website that ‘sent back’ UCAS applications will automatically remove all predicted grades. My teacher said that all the predicted grades were gone but after refreshing the page they reappeared?
Has this ever happened to you guys?
I am an Oxbridge applicant so what would happen with an incomplete application.
Cuworldax
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
plsss someone help!
Asme173
Badges: 5
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
If the predicted grades weren't entered at all it is quite likely for them to contact your centre. Another thing you could do is get your school/college to call UCAS and verify that the grades are entered correctly, as there is still time to update them on their end.
McGinger
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
And if an application does not have predicted grades for any reason, a Uni will always then contact the applicant to ask for them to be sent by the school.
Cuworldax
Rep:
(Original post by Asme173)
If the predicted grades weren't entered at all it is quite likely for them to contact your centre. Another thing you could do is get your school/college to call UCAS and verify that the grades are entered correctly, as there is still time to update them on their end.
I am an Oxbridge applicant so the deadline was yesterday
Cuworldax
Rep:
(Original post by McGinger)
And if an application does not have predicted grades for any reason, a Uni will always then contact the applicant to ask for them to be sent by the school.
I received an acknowledgment from one of the universities I applied to. Do they send this out regardless or is it confirmation of a complete application?
McGinger
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Cuworldax)
I received an acknowledgment from one of the universities I applied to. Do they send this out regardless or is it confirmation of a complete application?
Yes - its an automatic 'system generated' email.
L-K
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Hello

I sent off my UCAS as an early applicant but I am worried that the application is incomplete.
I had to make some amendments on my hub so I had my UCAS sent back to me by my provider. After making all the changes I sent it back to the school and they sent it off to my universities.
Now the problem is I’ve seen on the UCAS website that ‘sent back’ UCAS applications will automatically remove all predicted grades. My teacher said that all the predicted grades were gone but after refreshing the page they reappeared?
Has this ever happened to you guys?
I am an Oxbridge applicant so what would happen with an incomplete application.
I wouldn't stress too much, the predicted grades are not your responsibility anyway so your school should have checked that bit was all correct before it was sent off.
Maybe talk to your school/personal tutor if you are worried? Did you get an email confirmation of what was in your application? The teacher doing your reference will likely have got an email with a copy of their reference and grades inputted so you could ask them to check too.
Cuworldax
Rep:
(Original post by L-K)
I wouldn't stress too much, the predicted grades are not your responsibility anyway so your school should have checked that bit was all correct before it was sent off.
Maybe talk to your school/personal tutor if you are worried? Did you get an email confirmation of what was in your application? The teacher doing your reference will likely have got an email with a copy of their reference and grades inputted so you could ask them to check too.
Thank you My nerves have calmed down a bit now. I’ve emailed two teachers but they will probably not get back in touch with me until Monday.
I got an email confirmation of everything but I couldn’t see my references/predicted grades (it’s hidden). On UCAS it just says “Your reference & predicted grades were submitted by X” but I think that’s just a generic thing.
I will ask my teachers but I’m not sure if the “not my responsibility” would be good enough for oxbridge:/
L-K
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Thank you My nerves have calmed down a bit now. I’ve emailed two teachers but they will probably not get back in touch with me until Monday.
I got an email confirmation of everything but I couldn’t see my references/predicted grades (it’s hidden). On UCAS it just says “Your reference & predicted grades were submitted by X” but I think that’s just a generic thing.
I will ask my teachers but I’m not sure if the “not my responsibility” would be good enough for oxbridge:/
Probably not! But you're not at that point yet. See if your teachers have the confirmation of what they sent from their side first. Then if they realise they've not put the grades in they should be urgently making a plan, talking to you, contacting UCAS, contacting unis if needed. It shouldn't reflect badly on you if a teacher has made a mistake. I'm a teacher and I can't even imagine the panic in my department and school if we made that mistake on a students UCAS, but we certainly wouldn't blame the student or let them suffer because of it.
Last edited by L-K; 1 month ago
Cuworldax
Rep:
(Original post by L-K)
Probably not! But you're not at that point yet. See if your teachers have the confirmation of what they sent from their side first. Then if they realise they've not put the grades in they should be urgently making a plan, talking to you, contacting UCAS, contacting unis if needed. It shouldn't reflect badly on you if a teacher has made a mistake. I'm a teacher and I can't even imagine the panic in my department and school if we made that mistake on a students UCAS, but we certainly wouldn't blame the student or let them suffer because of it.
ahaha I appreciate you being upfront! I will do everything you’ve told me to do. Fingers crossed it all goes well.
I’ll let you know
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (28)
9.62%
Okay (86)
29.55%
A bit lacking (105)
36.08%
Not good at all (72)
24.74%

Watched Threads