The Student Room Group

physics help

ive just started my course in physics (mechanics) but im so lost and am not doing well i like the content just dont know what to when exam questions pop up. is there any one online who can explain important concepts? i do AQA for physics
Reply 1
Are you doing A-level maths? There's quite a lot of overlap with the mechanics section. You will get more practice with it and you'll be better than you are now.

A lot of mechanics problems in A-level physics just involve being able to apply and rearrange equations of motion for constant acceleration ("suvat" equations), or correctly applying conversation of energy/momentum (such as friction slowing something down, or inelastic collisions), or just getting your head around moments. There's not much that's beyond the GCSE.

If you've only just started year 12, and you've just had the longest holiday you've ever had, it's pretty natural that you'd be rusty on it. Just keep practising questions, starting off easy but getting more difficult.
Reply 2
Original post by Sinnoh
Are you doing A-level maths? There's quite a lot of overlap with the mechanics section. You will get more practice with it and you'll be better than you are now.

A lot of mechanics problems in A-level physics just involve being able to apply and rearrange equations of motion for constant acceleration ("suvat" equations), or correctly applying conversation of energy/momentum (such as friction slowing something down, or inelastic collisions), or just getting your head around moments. There's not much that's beyond the GCSE.

If you've only just started year 12, and you've just had the longest holiday you've ever had, it's pretty natural that you'd be rusty on it. Just keep practising questions, starting off easy but getting more difficult.

thank you so much. I'm doing maths and further maths which I hope is enough of an overlap to keep me practicing

Quick Reply

Latest