The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

Questions about Edinburgh University

Hi, IM thinking of applying to Edinburgh for 2022 but have some questions.

How ethnically diverse is the Uni?

I've heard from some that the support from the Uni is lacking and that you need to be quite independent. Is this true and how has it affected you?
Reply 1
Original post by 59 Theo 74

I've heard from some that the support from the Uni is lacking and that you need to be quite independent. Is this true and how has it affected you?

this is unrelated, but btw edinburgh courses are usually 4 years, so are more expensive than taking a course in the UK. Just thought id mention if you didnt know
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
Reply 2
Original post by santi04
this is unrelated, but btw edinburgh courses are usually 4 years, so are more expensive than taking a course in the UK. Just thought id mention if you didnt know

Yeah, another factor is how valuable a Masters would be. I'm wanting to do Geography and Economics but debating whether my top uni should be Warwick or Edinburgh.
Reply 3
Original post by 59 Theo 74

Hey man did you get any input on the ethnic diversity at Edinburgh (university and in the general city)? I’m trying to decide between UCL and Edinburgh right now but I’m worried that Edinburgh may not have many ethnic communities despite the general population there being really accepting. Every time I’ve visited my family there I’ve barely seen any POC other than a few rich international students and maybe a few south Asians but idk anyone who acc goes to the uni so it might be different when u study there and live in the city.
Reply 4
Original post by nushnush338
Hey man did you get any input on the ethnic diversity at Edinburgh (university and in the general city)? I’m trying to decide between UCL and Edinburgh right now but I’m worried that Edinburgh may not have many ethnic communities despite the general population there being really accepting. Every time I’ve visited my family there I’ve barely seen any POC other than a few rich international students and maybe a few south Asians but idk anyone who acc goes to the uni so it might be different when u study there and live in the city.

UCL is going to be far more diverse than Edinburgh by a long shot. As a poc student here, there arent many other poc other than international students. General population is accepting but if you really want to be surrounded by other poc and want that in your uni experience, then consider UCL more

Quick Reply