How do I make friends at uni…

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I only go to uni 2-3 times a week and even at those times there’s distancing regulations and it feels so much harder to meet new people.
Ever since day 1, I see people being in their old friend groups like did anyone actually come to uni alone or is it just me lol
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
i'm exactly the same - living at home as well rather than halls so that doesn't help.

hope you're okay x
gtty123
Badges: 22
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
Approach other lonely people - you're bound to make friends with some of them.
Anonymous #3
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I only go to uni 2-3 times a week and even at those times there’s distancing regulations and it feels so much harder to meet new people.
Ever since day 1, I see people being in their old friend groups like did anyone actually come to uni alone or is it just me lol
I'm a second year and living in halls and I haven't kept a single friend I made in the first few weeks of fresher's last year. It seems I'm just not fun enough and I don't fit with the clique. I have been dumped and totally isolated. I rack my b rains over what it is I must have done wrong but I honestly don't know. I'm generous and kind I think but I'm a little socially anxious and quite shy. It's beyond depressing. All I can say is please don't worry, you're not alone and I'm sure you'll find some like-minded people soon. Good luck!
University of Bradford
Badges: 16
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hey!

How are you?

Making friends can be very daunting, I know when I was a student I found it hard and preferred to focus on my studies instead. I'd say don't put too much pressure on yourself, some people meet their lifelong friends at uni, others don't - there's no right or wrong way to experience uni life.

Have you thought about joining a club or society? It's a great way to meet people with similar interests to you, thus making conversation that bit easier. I know I find it easier talking to people when it's about something I love, like a TV show haha!

You could also think about becoming a student ambassador, volunteering or finding part-time work on campus. All great ways of meeting new people

I wish you the very best of luck with your university journey!

Becky
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What do you find most difficult about revising?

Prioritising what to revise (12)
10.17%
Remembering what was covered in lessons (1)
0.85%
Finding the time to revise (8)
6.78%
Finding the motivation (32)
27.12%
Getting distracted (15)
12.71%
Procrastination (49)
41.53%
Having the tools you need (0)
0%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (1)
0.85%

Watched Threads