moonyman
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
So I sent my application yesterday however I think there was a mistake in the email provided for my referee, is there any way to change it? I'm stressing out rn and don't know what to do cause Ucas support lines open on Monday, will my application be affected by then? Any help is greatly appreciated, thank you!
Last edited by moonyman; 1 month ago
JustACoincidence
Badges: 17
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
Try emailing UCAS and clarifying the correct email address for your referee. Otherwise, just ring them and tell them you think there may have been an error with your application and explain the issue. I'm not sure if there's a way to change it - I'm a third-year uni student so my application was a while ago now - but all you can do is get in contact with UCAS if there is an issue. Do you have no way of checking the detail in your application? If you can check and there isn't an error, you've saved yourself a phone call there!
moonyman
Rep:
Thank you for your advice!! Yeah I sent them an email and I'll call tomorrow when their calling hours are open. Also another question, would you know how long it takes generally for universities to get in touch with referees?
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by moonyman)
Thank you for your advice!! Yeah I sent them an email and I'll call tomorrow when their calling hours are open. Also another question, would you know how long it takes generally for universities to get in touch with referees?
Universities don’t contact referees.

Ucas contact them and the reference has to be added to the application before the application can be sent to universities
moonyman
Rep:
(Original post by PQ)
Universities don’t contact referees.

Ucas contact them and the reference has to be added to the application before the application can be sent to universities
Okay wait cause my application was already sent and everything, and the reference was already added before I sent the application. I saw somewhere that someone contacts the referees for proof of documentation. Does that mean it's okay because everything was already submitted and approved? Sorry I'm not too familiar with it
Last edited by moonyman; 1 month ago
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by moonyman)
Okay wait cause my application was already sent and everything, and the reference was already added before I sent the application. I saw somewhere that someone contacts the referees for proof of documentation. Does that mean it's okay because everything was already submitted and approved? Sorry I'm not too familiar with it
Some universities might contact referees for more information but they’re more likely to ask you directly for any documents required.
moonyman
Rep:
(Original post by PQ)
Some universities might contact referees for more information but they’re more likely to ask you directly for any documents required.
Ah okay thanks for clearing that up I was worried because if they were to ask my referee for details and there isn't a response I thought it would affect my application or chances
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (16)
8.84%
Okay (55)
30.39%
A bit lacking (62)
34.25%
Not good at all (48)
26.52%

Watched Threads