The Student Room Group

I did not to do EPQ

Scroll to see replies

Original post by swanseajack1
You can drop Physics if you so wish. Tell your teachers you arent doing it and get your universities agreement as you cannot drop a subject once it is on your application as you are changing the contract. Stop being a coward. Stand up to your teachers and parents. It is your life being ruined.

It isnt unusual for grammar or private schools to try this on as they have more interests in themselves than their pupils. The higher the points you get the better it reflects on them

But I did not apply to any uni yet.

Original post by Muttley79
I work in a selective school and students are allowed to drop.

Thank you both so much for your advice! it helped me so much, I'll discuss with my teachers and parents again after I finish my quarantine
Original post by Wagneislmao
If you want something to write in your personal statement, doesn't have to be EPQ. Could do some free online courses or work exp. if you want something extra. By the sounds of it, your grades will take u anywhere regardless.

Yeah I guess super curriculars will do!
Original post by summerbirdreads
But I did not apply to any uni yet.

Thank you both so much for your advice! it helped me so much, I'll discuss with my teachers and parents again after I finish my quarantine

If you havent applied to any uni yet you will be too late for Oxbridge.
Original post by swanseajack1
If you havent applied to any uni yet you will be too late for Oxbridge.

I have to take a gap year due to medical condition, so I'm applying next year for 2023 entry
Original post by summerbirdreads
I have to take a gap year due to medical condition, so I'm applying next year for 2023 entry

That makes it even more important that you drop one - be brave!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending