What does “are you clapped” mean

Watch
Hii84y4
Badges: 10
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
so what does this actually mean i’ve seen so many definitions of this
0ptics
Badges: 16
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
It’s slang for “are you stupid?”
CaptainDuckie
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
are you crazy/mad.
Moonlight Rain
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
It means are you ugly
bruh15
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
I've never heard anyone say "are you clapped", I've only ever heard "you're clapped" which means you're ugly.

edit: I just realised someone may say it in the context of asking someone if they're ugly so I guess it does make sense.
Last edited by bruh15; 1 month ago
CaptainDuckie
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by bruh15)
I've never heard anyone say "are you clapped", I've only ever heard "you're clapped" which means you're ugly.

that’s true... but ngl it depends on the context.
YouAreEnough
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
It means are u crazy/ dumb
PotatoFruit
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
It either means dumb or ugly
GyrosUberAlles
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
how do people give such different answers lol. I thought it meant ugly, not dumb.
CaptainDuckie
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by GyrosUberAlles)
how do people give such different answers lol. I thought it meant ugly, not dumb.

It’s an ambiguous word.

It does mean ugly, however it can mean dumb/crazy/mad.

It depends on how it’s used in certain context. I’ve heard it used in both.
Anonymous #1
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by GyrosUberAlles)
You are clapped or anything along those lines means ugly,

But, are you clapped means are you dumb.

With the second case people have changed the meaning of the world slightly
Slx.24
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Are you clapped means are you dumb/stupid
You are clapped means you are ugly, but also the above sometimes depending on context
welcome to the world of ldn slang my guy
Lwexi12
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
ive only heard it in the since of like "you clapped a girl" hhaah
gjd800
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Until very recently I only ever heard it used to describe banged up auld cars
TheClaimsGuys
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
I’ve never heard anyone say ‘are you clapped’ — you/the person who said it could’ve got it mixed up with ‘tapped’ which means someone who’s not correct in the head/stupid

People could obviously say are you clapped in context, but it almost always means ugly
Last edited by TheClaimsGuys; 1 month ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (18)
8.26%
Okay (64)
29.36%
A bit lacking (82)
37.61%
Not good at all (54)
24.77%

Watched Threads