why do language exam translations have words that are not on the vocab list?

Watch
bamany
Badges: 14
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
i did edexcel a level french paper 1 autumn resit yesterday and why do the exam board have massive lists of words for us to learn but then in translations not only do they not put them in but they put in words i’ve never seen before? genuinely curious because i swear the vocab lists and specifications are there for a reason lol
srijan_p
Badges: 8
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
Generally, I assumed that the vocab lists were guides of the vocabulary that you may encounter rather than a definitive list? I do AQA A Level Spanish, but I feel you're expected to do wider reading around your topics as well to aid your vocabulary and knowledge of the fields you discuss.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you give consent for uni's to contact your parent/trusted person in a mental health crisis?

Yes - my parent/carer (137)
33.74%
Yes - a trusted person (107)
26.35%
No (110)
27.09%
I'm not sure (52)
12.81%

Watched Threads