Ham3a_
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I would like to know how many marks I would get for this question. After looking at what AQA shows as a model answer, I think my teacher marks too harshly but just to make sure could someone give me a rough mark for this. Could you also tell me how i could improve thanks.

Explain 2 reasons why pilgrimages is an important action for Christians. Refer to sacred scripture (5)

One reason pilgrimage is an important action for christians is because it provides cleansing from any type of disease and cleanses a person spiritually. Lourdes in France has a miraculous spring for healing diseases and it also heals a person's soul allowing them to get a higher place in the afterlife.
Another contrasting reason pilgrimage is an important action for Christians is because it allows them to get closer to God and strengthens their bond. Iona is said to be by George Macleod 'a thin place where only tissues separates material from spiritual' which demonstrates how their are no barriers for communicating with God allowing them to freely express themselves
tinygirl96
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
Two separate paragraphs is better.
queenbeexox
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Ham3a_)
I would like to know how many marks I would get for this question. After looking at what AQA shows as a model answer, I think my teacher marks too harshly but just to make sure could someone give me a rough mark for this. Could you also tell me how i could improve thanks.

Explain 2 reasons why pilgrimages is an important action for Christians. Refer to sacred scripture (5)

One reason pilgrimage is an important action for christians is because it provides cleansing from any type of disease and cleanses a person spiritually. Lourdes in France has a miraculous spring for healing diseases and it also heals a person's soul allowing them to get a higher place in the afterlife.
Another contrasting reason pilgrimage is an important action for Christians is because it allows them to get closer to God and strengthens their bond. Iona is said to be by George Macleod 'a thin place where only tissues separates material from spiritual' which demonstrates how their are no barriers for communicating with God allowing them to freely express themselves
my rs teacher would probably give that a 4/5, you have the right concepts however i feel like your wording could be better
Ham3a_
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Okay thanks

(Original post by queenbeexox)
my rs teacher would probably give that a 4/5, you have the right concepts however i feel like your wording could be better
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (23)
9.24%
Okay (72)
28.92%
A bit lacking (93)
37.35%
Not good at all (61)
24.5%

Watched Threads