Holamisamigos213
Badges: 13
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
So ive already asked Ucas but they said they'll get back to me on monday so ima just ask here if anyone has any info on this. In order to get a contextual offer some unis have a requirement on whether your parents has had a degree. Where and how will they know this is true is there a place in ucas where i can fill that out cus i cant find anywhere where i can do this?.
thanks
McGinger
Badges: 17
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
There is a field about your parents Higher Education - its within the personal info section I think - just a 'tick' field.
Holamisamigos213
Rep:
(Original post by McGinger)
There is a field about your parents Higher Education - its within the personal info section I think - just a 'tick' field.
just double checked, there is no field anywhere about parent higher education, maybe they changed it.
swanseajack1
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Holamisamigos213)
just double checked, there is no field anywhere about parent higher education, maybe they changed it.
Very few universities make contextual offers based on parents education. Contextual conditions vary between universities and usually are made

If you have been in care
If you live in a post code of low progression to higher education.
If your school is a low performong school based on A level results.
If you have attended a university outreach course.

If your university is making offers for other reasons contact them.
McGinger
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
PQ - any clues about the new application system?
Holamisamigos213
Rep:
(Original post by swanseajack1)
Very few universities make contextual offers based on parents education. Contextual conditions vary between universities and usually are made

If you have been in care
If you live in a post code of low progression to higher education.
If your school is a low performong school based on A level results.
If you have attended a university outreach course.

If your university is making offers for other reasons contact them.
alright. i already contacted the uni and ucas just asking to see if anyone has any more info on it. but thanks anyway
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Generally the contextual questions don’t show until you select that you’re a UK citizen and select uk funding and a local authority but they should be there.

I would need to login and check to see exactly where but it’s generally within the personal details/profile sections
Holamisamigos213
Rep:
(Original post by PQ)
Generally the contextual questions don’t show until you select that you’re a UK citizen and select uk funding and a local authority but they should be there.

I would need to login and check to see exactly where but it’s generally within the personal details/profile sections
really is it on this page? Name:  Screenshot 2021-10-17 14.18.34.png
Views: 12
Size:  42.2 KB
Attached files
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Holamisamigos213)
really is it on this page? Name:  Screenshot 2021-10-17 14.18.34.png
Views: 12
Size:  42.2 KB
No

But once you complete those questions and the funding questions then you’ll get additional information pages that ask about things like time in care etc
Holamisamigos213
Rep:
(Original post by PQ)
No

But once you complete those questions and the funding questions then you’ll get additional information pages that ask about things like time in care etc
right i found it. im an actual idiot. my bad thanks for the help
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (20)
8.85%
Okay (65)
28.76%
A bit lacking (85)
37.61%
Not good at all (56)
24.78%

Watched Threads