Is pool a chavvy activity ?

Watch
Kiyomiwong95x
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Before I went to college I’ve never seen anyone play on a pool table till I had a bunch of male chavs who were in my class . Am I wrong to say that only chavs play pool especially the male ones ? My boyfriend wants to introduce me to pool and he lives in a chavvy town (we went to same college) and he sort of is a chav as well so just wondering what are peoples opinion ? And is it a male thing ? Do girls play pool?
Last edited by Kiyomiwong95x; 1 month ago
AnnaIce
Badges: 5
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
I'm a girl and I've played pool before, my friend introduced me to it. It's actually really fun! I never played it prior to that only on my phone 😅 I don't think pool is a chavy thing? I always thought it's a game that mostly rich white men play lol. Even though (I think) it is a game played mainly by men, there are women who also play pool! Check out Masako Katsura, she was a famous pool player! I found out about her when her birthday was celebrated by Google. Anyways, just play it with him trust me its fun and don't worry about whether its chavy or not, does it even matter??
Wired_1800
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Kiyomiwong95x)
Before I went to college I’ve never seen anyone play on a pool table till I had a bunch of male chavs who were in my class . Am I wrong to say that only chavs play pool especially the male ones ? My boyfriend wants to introduce me to pool and he lives in a chavvy town (we went to same college) and he sort of is a chav as well so just wondering what are peoples opinion ? And is it a male thing ? Do girls play pool?
:mad:
Kiyomiwong95x
Rep:
(Original post by Wired_1800)
:mad:
Yo why the angry face
Theloniouss
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Most people probably only play pool in pubs, but in my experience it's a common feature of large houses or country houses to have a room largely dedicated to a pool table, if not a larger billiards or snooker table. Definitely a sport (if it can be called that) primarily reserved for poshos and not chavs.
Last edited by Theloniouss; 1 month ago
Wired_1800
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Yo why the angry face
Your comments about pool
Kiyomiwong95x
Rep:
(Original post by Theloniouss)
Most people probably only play pool in pubs, but in my experience it's a common feature of large houses or country houses to have a room largely dedicated to a pool table, if not a larger billiards or snooker table. Definitely a sport (if it can be called that) primarily reserved for poshos and not chavs.
Really ? Thought it was chavs as the only pool tables I’ve seen are in pubs played by chavs or at my college which is full of chavs too lol
Kiyomiwong95x
Rep:
(Original post by Wired_1800)
Your comments about pool
Ok sorry I know now that pool is for anyone regardless of gender or class . I was just asking didn’t mean to offend anyone
gjd800
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Well, no

But the best pool teams round here don't consist of posh blokes, either.
Napp
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Really ? Thought it was chavs as the only pool tables I’ve seen are in pubs played by chavs or at my college which is full of chavs too lol
that more speaks to where you live and who you hang around than the game itself
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (20)
8.93%
Okay (65)
29.02%
A bit lacking (84)
37.5%
Not good at all (55)
24.55%

Watched Threads