Nc 475
Badges: 4
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
So gcse results day was like 3 months ago but I still feel like so bad about them.

I had worked so so hard for my GCSEs, because I needed good grades to get into my first choice school. I
However on results day I was left with disappointment I got grades I had never ever thought I would get and it kind of crushed me, and as a result of my GCSEs being so much lower than expected, I did not get into my first choice sixth form.
It’s been almost three months since gcse results day but I still feel so sh*tty about them, and I’ve tried to appeal them but my school won’t let me. I just never in a million years thought I would have got such bad results , especially since I was aiming for all 8s and 9s, and all of my family and friends thought I would’ve gotten that, and to be honest my parents seem disappointed and I feel so much regret for that because I knew if exams had gone ahead I would’ve gotten so much better. I really regret not participating in class and talking to my teachers (I have really bad social anxiety so it’s very difficult for me to do that) as it literally costed me my grades :/.
also the fact that my friends cheated and got all 8 and 9s this year makes me feel even more rubbish knowing that they raised the grade boundaries meaning some of us could not get a fair grade
Last edited by Nc 475; 1 month ago
Nc 475
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
I know people say GCSEs don’t matter, but for someone who wants to apply to Oxford for a very competitive course, i feel like they do matter to an extent because I’m literally competing against people who got straight 8/9s in their gcses
Muttley79
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Nc 475)
So gcse results day was like 3 months ago but I still feel like so bad about them.

I had worked so so hard for my GCSEs, because I needed good grades to get into my first choice school. I
However on results day I was left with disappointment I got grades I had never ever thought I would get and it kind of crushed me, and as a result of my GCSEs being so much lower than expected, I did not get into my first choice sixth form.
It’s been almost three months since gcse results day but I still feel so sh*tty about them, and I’ve tried to appeal them but my school won’t let me. I just never in a million years thought I would have got such bad results , especially since I was aiming for all 8s and 9s, and all of my family and friends thought I would’ve gotten that, and to be honest my parents seem disappointed and I feel so much regret for that because I knew if exams had gone ahead I would’ve gotten so much better. I really regret not participating in class and talking to my teachers (I have really bad social anxiety so it’s very difficult for me to do that) as it literally costed me my grades :/.
So you are taling them in November I guess and can forget the CAGs.
Can't lose
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 1 month ago

also the fact that my friends cheated and got all 8 and 9s this year makes me feel even more rubbish knowing that they raised the grade boundaries meaning some of us could not get a fair grade
Forget them, they were 3 months ago which is from the past, focus on the future which is now and you worked hard which is all that matters.
Ajeni
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Hey there,

I just did my GCSEs (2021) and I get you! I really don’t get why they won’t let you appeal? My friends appeal is happening on the 19th of October so you should still be allowed. I know it’s hard, but focus on the positives, like you actually got into a sixthform, if they graded you any lower you may not have gotten in any! And uhhh parents are a big thing too, we don’t want to let them down but just keep telling your self that it’s ur future not theirs ig! Now you know how these results make you feel just focus really hard on your alevels/btec and do urself proud x
(what subjects ru doing now?)
Nc 475
Rep:
(Original post by Can't lose)
Forget them, they were 3 months ago which is from the past, focus on the future which is now and you worked hard which is all that matters.
Thank you I try to forget it but I’m such a perfectionist so to get really bad crushed my soul lmao, but yeah I’ll try to just focus on the future
Nc 475
Rep:
(Original post by Ajeni)
Hey there,

I just did my GCSEs (2021) and I get you! I really don’t get why they won’t let you appeal? My friends appeal is happening on the 19th of October so you should still be allowed. I know it’s hard, but focus on the positives, like you actually got into a sixthform, if they graded you any lower you may not have gotten in any! And uhhh parents are a big thing too, we don’t want to let them down but just keep telling your self that it’s ur future not theirs ig! Now you know how these results make you feel just focus really hard on your alevels/btec and do urself proud x
(what subjects ru doing now?)
Thank you for your reply. I don’t know why they didn’tlet me appeal,they just said my grade will go lower. To be honest I think itsbecause they didn’t want to go through the hassle of going through the appeals process.
I currently take a level chemistry maths and economics, what about you?
Ajeni
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Thank you for your reply. I don’t know why they didn’tlet me appeal,they just said my grade will go lower. To be honest I think itsbecause they didn’t want to go through the hassle of going through the appeals process.
I currently take a level chemistry maths and economics, what about you?
What were your scores in the assessments you did for the TAGs? That can give u an idea if your grade will go up or down, and I’m doing Geography, Psychology and Sociology! And WOW If your doing chemistry and maths your grades can’t be that bad!?!!? What did u get
YCCC
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
I'm no lawyer, but a court challenge could be an option? Teachers judging you negatively on your lack of contribution in class due to your social anxiety could be against the Equality Act 2010?
TarantinoH
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
hellooo just saying i didn't get what i wanted in the sciences but like it was impossible to do well because at my old school how the lockdown learning was handled or even in general to be honest wasn't good. I was meant to be like one of the very smartest in my year but the continuous assessments were horrible.However, looking back wishing I had done better is useless and not what I truly want because I've already gone through it; I would never want to go back to my old school. Maybe it was just because i felt so traumatised I'm just like pretend it never happened, but like I didn't get too bad to be honest, especially in comparison to the rest of my family (who expect a lot, way too much, from me), that I decided to just focus on the road head as I'm doing a whole four a levels and the epq somehow, and maybe that's best for you since universities are going to care much more about your a level performance than your gcse performance given it would be a greater reflection of what you would be like for them, and if you put in extra work in now (and obviously towards the exam period) then you should hopefully get higher target grades which they may then consider greatly. After all, as well, each school handled the continuous assessments differently, and so they may have even less credibility.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (23)
9.24%
Okay (72)
28.92%
A bit lacking (93)
37.35%
Not good at all (61)
24.5%

Watched Threads