The Student Room Group

[Official] Oxford 2022 entry for biology

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Pyc2002
The Greatest Show on Earth by Richard Dawkins, A very short introduction to evolution, Sapiens. Currently reading Origin of Species and The Zoologist’s Guide to the Galaxy. How about you?

A very short introduction to viruses and pandemics, An Ancestor's Tale by Dawkins and articles on AMR, microbiology and species revival
Reply 21
Original post by Bookworm_88
A very short introduction to viruses and pandemics, An Ancestor's Tale by Dawkins and articles on AMR, microbiology and species revival

What are your grades? If you don’t mind me asking
Original post by Pyc2002
What are your grades? If you don’t mind me asking

A*AA (+ A* epq). Wbu?
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 23
A*AA (+ A* epq). Wbu?

Achieved A*A*A, no EPQ. How are you preparing for interviews?
hellooo!

College applied to: Magdalen
IB / A levels (predicted/achieved): A* A* A*, A in AS Physics
GCSEs : 999999999
International/Home/EU: Home
Deferred entry (Yes/No): Nope
Topics interested in (eg, genetics): Cell biology, metabolic processes/adaptations of organisms, environment and plants
Extra/Super-curriculars: Read(ing) How We Live and Why We Die by L. Wolpert and Power, Sex and Suicide by N. Lane, Biology Challenge/Olympiad, UCL's 2021 Safeguarding our Future online summer school, attended virtual lectures. not sure if this counts but i'm doing an ecology field course with some peeps from school for 5 days in south wales this Thursday! if i have time, I'll also read The Ancestor's Tale by R. Dawkins. Also school Ensoc coordinator.

how is everyone gonna prepare for interviews?
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by ivyxue49
hellooo!

College applied to: Magdalen
IB / A levels (predicted/achieved): A* A* A*, A in AS Physics
GCSEs : 999999999
International/Home/EU: Home
Deferred entry (Yes/No): Nope
Topics interested in (eg, genetics): Cell biology, metabolic processes/adaptations of organisms, environment and plants
Extra/Super-curriculars: Read(ing) How We Live and Why We Die by L. Wolpert and Power, Sex and Suicide by N. Lane, Biology Challenge/Olympiad, UCL's 2021 Safeguarding our Future online summer school, attended virtual lectures. not sure if this counts but i'm doing an ecology field course with some peeps from school for 5 days in south wales this Thursday! if i have time, I'll also read The Ancestor's Tale by R. Dawkins. Also school Ensoc coordinator.

how is everyone gonna prepare for interviews?

Did you get invited to any interview yet?
Original post by Pyc2002
Achieved A*A*A, no EPQ. How are you preparing for interviews?

I'm taking part in Zero Gravity, so I have a mentor who tests me on biology stuff like a mock tute/interview (this all depends if I actually get called for interview :biggrin:). Other than that nothing haha, I've just been soo busy so I've put uni prep to one side.
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by mayasz1903
Did you get invited to any interview yet?

no, interview invites come out late november/early december
Reply 28
I'm taking part in Zero Gravity, so I have a mentor who tests me on biology stuff like a mock tute/interview (this all depends if I actually get called for interview :biggrin:). Other than that nothing haha, I've just been soo busy so I've put uni prep to one side.

Did you get an email from your college, saw your post on the Oxford 2022 applicants thread. What is the email about?
Original post by Pyc2002
Did you get an email from your college, saw your post on the Oxford 2022 applicants thread. What is the email about?

It will just be a generic email saying interviews take place in December and if called you will get at least 7days notice.
All you future ecologists I know you are all super busy but if I had one non oxford specific tip it would be learn to drive as soon as you get an opportunity, maybe after your exams? Son is currently applying for jobs and Phd's and nearly require a driving licence.
Original post by Pyc2002

It's just one of those general emails saying that my college has received my application
My friend has applied to Christ Church for biology- any other CChurch applicants?
has anyone received any offers from other unis yet?

got offers from york and liverpool! i'm kinda surprised at how quick they've been lol

Just york

got one from Warwick last Friday. I know someone got an offer from Leeds too

Southampton and Newcastle (:
Original post by bleedmagic
got offers from york and liverpool! i'm kinda surprised at how quick they've been lol

birmingham :smile:
woah there are so many mayas here

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending