The Student Room Group

I don’t know what to pick

I’m in year nine and am picking my options this year. I have already decided on History, French and RE but I have one last subject but idk what to choose. I was thinking:
Art
Computer Science
Pe
Media

PLEASE HELP!!!
Original post by evieatk
I’m in year nine and am picking my options this year. I have already decided on History, French and RE but I have one last subject but idk what to choose. I was thinking:
Art
Computer Science
Pe
Media

PLEASE HELP!!!

Out of the 4 options you gave. I would say Media is the best option to do well in. Computer Science is pretty tough especially the coursework but I've heard that it doesn't count towards your final grade anymore?
Reply 2
Original post by evieatk
Art
Computer Science
Pe
Media

PLEASE HELP!!!

do whatever you feel you would enjoy the most. im in year 11 and do history french RE and art so can recommend them all (history and french are very good options btw - i love them). but yeah i cant really comment on the other subjects you have mentioned. I have some friends that do computer science and they all have very mixed opinions. from what ive heard abour PE, the theory is very similar to biology so only do it if you like that. my school doesnt offer media so i have no idea sorry. art is actually quite good - i know everyone complains about the amount of coursework, which is very fair, but just try your best to stay on top of things. the lessons are very chill and actually quite fun lol
Don't do art unless you love it and live for painting and drawing. Biggest regret of my almsot 16 year old life. Never again
Do what you think you would enjoy/get a good grade in.
Reply 5
PE is good but does have a lot of coursework. Media is quite easy and the coursework isn't bad. Computer science can be quite hard but it varies from person to person. A friend of mine did art and enjoyed it (although it does require a lot of effort).

You should pick whatever subject you think you will enjoy most. If you don't enjoy the subject it will make it harder to do.
Reply 6
Original post by evieatk
Art
Computer Science
Pe
Media

PLEASE HELP!!!

Definitely pick what you enjoy the most, as the other replies have said. Out of those 4 i would say the following:

Media is probably the easiest choice out of those 4, but my school doesn't offer it so I can't say too much about it.

Computer Science is very difficult, and some of my very academic friends didn't do very well in it and did not enjoy it. So unless you enjoy computer science or are thinking about doing a degree/a career in it, don't take it.

PE is a good choice if you're really a good at a particular sport. Half of it is theory, and is very similar to Biology, so if you're good at bio, it would also be a good choice.

Art is super fun and a lot of my friends really enjoyed it. However, only take it if you have enough free time to do all the coursework, since you'll have a lot to do. Many of my friends had so many deadlines that they barely made because they were so busy, and the last thing you want is empty or unfinished pages in your sketchbook. That being said, if you're good at art and have extra time to do it, then go for it! I almost took it because I adored art, but I didn't have enough free time because of my extra-curriculars.

So, in essence just pick what you love doing ! You've made good choices so far (I really enjoyed history :smile:)
I do history, French, art, and R.E. (compulsory in my school :frown:). Only pick art if you genuinely enjoy it and can keep up with the coursework. It gets annoying pretty fast and before you know it you can be swamped with missing work. Honestly, just pick whatever one you like the most because it means you'll likely get good grades in it.
Do computer science. Trust me it's really easy.

Quick Reply

Latest