The Student Room Group

NCS

Who goes to NCS? Reply please or drop your insta - I want to ask questions about the sixth form
I go, you can pm me on here if you have questions!
Original post by JustAStudent04

Sure thing!
How long is NCS?
Original post by Tedoreo555
How long is NCS?

Wdym
Reply 5

How hard was it to get in? I heard NCS is opening other 6th forms in london like HHCS in north london.

Is it true there is a stem focus?
Original post by z80
How hard was it to get in? I heard NCS is opening other 6th forms in london like HHCS in north london.

Is it true there is a stem focus?

Not sure I can accurately answer the 1st question bcs admissions was a disaster this year that just ranked students in a queue, if you had 8 and 9s mostly you could get in. I haven't heard about the expansion and yes there is a very large stem focus, especially when it comes to opportunities like ORBYTS, AstroPi, and working with unis/lectures, but there's still a lot of stuff for humanities.
Reply 7
Not sure I can accurately answer the 1st question bcs admissions was a disaster this year that just ranked students in a queue, if you had 8 and 9s mostly you could get in. I haven't heard about the expansion and yes there is a very large stem focus, especially when it comes to opportunities like ORBYTS, AstroPi, and working with unis/lectures, but there's still a lot of stuff for humanities.

That is really helpful thank you.
Reply 8

What time does your sixth form usually start and end , how is the workload and is it a culturally diverse sixth form ?
Original post by Yusuf1--
What time does your sixth form usually start and end , how is the workload and is it a culturally diverse sixth form ?

Monday to Thursday school is from 8:20-3:00, unless you have intervention which is 3-4, on Friday 8:20-12:50, it's a pretty hefty workload but that's to be expected or sixth form, also it's pretty manageable, 3 hours at home after school everyday and 10 hours of the weekend are expected. Working 9-3pm during halfterms before mocks as well. I guess the schools culturally diverse, it's in Newham and reflects that.
Ths is really helpful, thanks. Hoping to go to their open evening next week.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending