I think my flatmate is flirting with me?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
She invited me out to join some of her friends last night. When we got there, I spoke to a few of them whilst she went around saying hi to everyone else.

She was sat next to me, and whenever I made her laugh, she touched my arm, whenever I teased her she touched me, whenever she wanted to grab attention, she touched me.

I think it's pretty obvious that she's flirting.

I acknowledge she admitted she was drunk, but it was plain to see.

She's my flatmate, and I don't think it's a good idea to date her. What do I do?
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
Don’t dare her then
Anonymous #3
Report 1 month ago
Most people will tell you not to, but honestly go for it - quite a few people commit flatcest during the first couple of weeks - it only gets problematic when one of you catches feelings.
Zarek
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
Go for it if you want to, who knows you might end up with 2.5 kids with her. In relationships you have to deal with one thing at a time
Anonymous #1
I mentioned my ‘girlfriend’ when we were talking today, hopefully that’s that.
Moonlight Rain
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
Do you like her though
Anonymous #4
Report 1 month ago
Do you flirt back with her? What was her reaction when you mentioned your girlfriend? I always find it so cringe when guys do this.... she must've felt embarrassed
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Moonlight Rain)
Do you like her though
I mean I might be a bit attracted to her, and she's cool and all, but not to the point I would want to date her...
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Anonymous)
Do you flirt back with her? What was her reaction when you mentioned your girlfriend? I always find it so cringe when guys do this.... she must've felt embarrassed
No, I don't flirt back with her.

Why would she/you feel embarrassed? What else am I supposed to do?? Tell her that I'm not interested and make it even more awkward?
Anonymous #5
Report 1 month ago
No, I don't flirt back with her.

Why would she/you feel embarrassed? What else am I supposed to do?? Tell her that I'm not interested and make it even more awkward?
yes? being honest is way better than lying abt it, if she found out then it could really hurt her feelings if she likes you enough
CaptainDuckie
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
If this happens again, you probably should tell her not to keep touching you, jokingly.

Don’t create a scene, just tell her jokingly but make it enough to get the message across.

Something like: ”why the hell do you keep touching me, stop hahahahaha”.
Last edited by CaptainDuckie; 1 month ago
CaptainDuckie
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 1 month ago

WHO CARES?

let her keep her hands to herself then... let her be embarrassed all she likes...

now imagine if the roles were reversed and it was a guy doing it to a girl, you wouldn’t be preaching that he might be embarrassed.
thomasdao
Badges: 7
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Yeah she's flirting with you OP.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (34)
9.88%
Okay (101)
29.36%
A bit lacking (125)
36.34%
Not good at all (84)
24.42%

Watched Threads