Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I'm 19, female. I've never really had a massive friend group, just small groups of around 6 maximum. But I was always the least favourite friend in those groups. I think that's mainly because I used to be insanely shy, and hated school so walked around all the time with a RBF.

But I've left school now, and my sixth form *acquaintances*, wouldn't call them good friends, have left for uni. So they're all busy now and we don't talk, even though I tried to stay in contact. I've had a part time job for about a year now, and I've made no friends. Partly because I work in a supermarket with elderly workers. There a couple people my age and I try to talk to them whenever we are on the same shift, but they don't seem interested and walk off.

I mean I think I've just been unlucky that no one young works with me, and anyone my age works different shifts. Most shifts I work I'm the youngest there, closest to my age is probably around late twenties, and I'm not overly keen on having a 30 year old bestie.

But I don't know how to make friends other than work. I'm looking for another job but I don't know a good place with young workers, I only know places like Starbucks and a WHSmith near me, but I can't bring myself to work for minimum wage. I don't really want to go to college or uni, so that's out of the question. I live in a village/in the middle of nowhere so I couldn't join a club or anything as I don't drive and wouldn't be able to afford getting public transport that often.

I don't know what to dooooo. I know most of you would say it's my fault, it probably seems like I'm being negative and not putting effort in - but don't say that because I am trying to talk to people online and offline and looking for new jobs, and this is affecting my mental health Any ideas? Thanks.
NellyCormack04
Badges: 13
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
Be bold, loud and most importantly just be yourself! People will like you for you What about customers in the shop? Maybe you could start chatting to them and and you never know a friendship could form out of that! Or what about asking your friends from uni if they want to go on a night out etc then maybe you could meet some people from the uni there.. Just a few options but best of luck
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What do you find most difficult about revising?

Prioritising what to revise (12)
10.34%
Remembering what was covered in lessons (1)
0.86%
Finding the time to revise (7)
6.03%
Finding the motivation (31)
26.72%
Getting distracted (15)
12.93%
Procrastination (49)
42.24%
Having the tools you need (0)
0%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (1)
0.86%

Watched Threads