Yvettep
Badges: 4
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I have just made a late application for the childcare grant. I tried claiming universal credit for my childcare however it really wasn't working well as they took my maintenance loan into account for everything.

My term started 13th sep. And I stopped claiming UC on 6th Oct. But only received a payment for 60 towards childcare from them.
Will the childcare grant backpack me from sep 13th ? I have been paying 180 pwk for childcare and it's completely crippling me.
SFE Isaac
Badges: 10
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Yvettep)
I have just made a late application for the childcare grant. I tried claiming universal credit for my childcare however it really wasn't working well as they took my maintenance loan into account for everything.

My term started 13th sep. And I stopped claiming UC on 6th Oct. But only received a payment for 60 towards childcare from them.
Will the childcare grant backpack me from sep 13th ? I have been paying 180 pwk for childcare and it's completely crippling me.
Hi, we wouldn't refund you as the childcare grant isn't paid to the student.

Your childcare provider can submit invoices for those dates and take payment from your childcare balance, you can ask them to refund you what you have paid to them but it's up to them if they want to do that or not.

Thanks, Isaac
Hayleylou258
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Hello Isaac, sorry to jump on this post but how long can it be backdated for ? I’m currently in this position and my application still hasn’t been looked at , and a full month of nursery is due this month ? How many weeks/months can be back dated ? Thanks
SFE Isaac
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Hayleylou258)
Hello Isaac, sorry to jump on this post but how long can it be backdated for ? I’m currently in this position and my application still hasn’t been looked at , and a full month of nursery is due this month ? How many weeks/months can be back dated ? Thanks
Hi, since the start of the academic year.

Thanks, Isaac
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What do you find most difficult about revising?

Prioritising what to revise (10)
10.42%
Remembering what was covered in lessons (1)
1.04%
Finding the time to revise (7)
7.29%
Finding the motivation (24)
25%
Getting distracted (14)
14.58%
Procrastination (39)
40.63%
Having the tools you need (0)
0%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (1)
1.04%

Watched Threads