Flossie83
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hello, I’ve been at uni now for almost a month. My flatmates don’t speak at all to anyone and sit in there rooms and are really messy. Finding my course really difficult and everyone I speak too seems like they want nothing to do with me. I’m really contemplating dropping out, I’ve spoke to my uni about changing rooms and they’ve just ignored me. I really don’t know what else to do as I’m really unhappy here. Any advice?
ReadandBench
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
Have you tried joining societies ? I was in a similar position but made friends through societies
Flossie83
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by ReadandBench)
Have you tried joining societies ? I was in a similar position but made friends through societies
Yeh I’ve joined a couple and I’ve joined a sport. Everyone is friendly at events etc it’s just afterwards no one actually wants to do anything apart from go out drinking etc
ReadandBench
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Flossie83)
Yeh I’ve joined a couple and I’ve joined a sport. Everyone is friendly at events etc it’s just afterwards no one actually wants to do anything apart from go out drinking etc
Have you tried going out to drink with them at the pub, even if you don’t a non alcoholic one is ok. Just hanging out and participating usually is enough try talking to some people and grabbing their details after finding common interests.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (23)
9.24%
Okay (72)
28.92%
A bit lacking (93)
37.35%
Not good at all (61)
24.5%

Watched Threads